Geniatech Mygica HDStar DVB-S2 USB HD not working

• Any chance the channels which still don't work are on transponders with a bit rate higher than 53 Mb/s? I'm using channels available from the UK at 28.2°E, so I haven't really been able to test it with any transponder carrying more data than that, unless you count the 8k test channel, which doesn't work. I might have another go with the upstream drivers at some point, and see if they are working any better.

some of high bitrate channels are ok (higher then 53 Mb/s) after changing ts_clk and target_mclk

but still some of transponders are not showning or green/broken video

• but still some of transponders are not showing or green/broken video

The upstream driver for the M88DS3103 de-modulator uses target_mclk values between 96000 and 192000, depending on the transport's symbol rate (see here). CrazyCat's driver appeared to behave the same way, until he introduced support for the M88DS3103B revision, where the maximum target_mclk value was reduced to 144000 (see here). Therefore I guess you could potentially use target_mclk values up to 192000, which may help, but in my particular case I couldn't really spot any difference.

Thanks for including your patch.

• m88ds3103b shares more code from m88rs6000 rather than m88ds310's code

setting ts_clk=18000 with more channels gone even it can't fetch some of channel names

when I check m88rs6000 code

if CI mode enabled ts_clk set 8000 without CI mode ts_clk=16000

parallel/CI mode target_mclk=144000 serial mode=96000

with my patch i got the best result

• maybe you should have a look here ?h=montage-3103b.v2

this is likely upstreamd from Brad and if you have some patch he is likely helpful in getting it upstream too :)

This is his gh repo, just open an issue if you have questions/patches for the driver Issues · b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder · GitHub

I already tried with brad's patches but I got no luck just too many errors and I reported to him as issue

I am not a driver developer I can't go further from here

• maybe you should have a look here ?h=montage-3103b.v2

this is likely upstreamd from Brad and if you have some patch he is likely helpful in getting it upstream too :)

This is his gh repo, just open an issue if you have questions/patches for the driver Issues · b-rad-NDi/Ubuntu-media-tree-kernel-builder · GitHub

Thanks. I just found that yesterday. It looks really promising, and it will be great when the code gets pushed upstream. I've only really had time to install the pre-compiled kernel from his PPA, which doesn't seem to work yet, though I didn't spend long trying to get it to work, so I could have missed something obvious.

• CvH: Would you please enlighten me, where I could find the latest dvb drivers for LibreElec 9.1.002? The image alone does not recognize the M88DS3103b chip on my 'Terratec Cinergy S2 Rev.4'.

• Hi all, I have problem with Terratec Cinergy S2 USB rev.4 (0ccd:0105 TerraTec Electronic GmbH Cinergy S2 Box).

I use latest libreelec, and CrazyCat drivers.

Tuner is working, and some transponders also, but lots of transponders not.

Channels is pefectly scanned, but is unviewable (I have lots of errors and bad signal), but my dish is correctly aligned, and worked on Windows.

Can you help me?

I suppose it is same problem that is described here: Geniatech Mygica HDStar DVB-S2 USB HD not working

Thanks.

• Same problem here with version 3 (Geniatech hdstar).

Only Crazycat drivers work, but only a few transponders.

All the other transponders are unwatchable (continuity counter error).

This since Libreelec 9.0 (version 8 worked).

Hdstar works perfectly in windows and in Ubuntu with compiled updatelee drivers (Chris Lee / v4l-updatelee · GitLab).

Is not possible to merge or include updatelee drivers?

Geniatech hdstar is very common. It's a pity that Librelec is unusable.

Thanks

• For me, Librelec 8 not work, i tried on PI2, and get this error:

• did you tried the latest LE 9.2 version ?

pls also try if the crazycat or dvb-latest driver addons work for you (selectable due driver-chooser addon)

Yes CvH.

I'm using also daily milhouse builds, and trying all driver addons.

The only driver addon that works (somehow), only for a few transponders, is Crazycat's.

With the others (libreelec and media build) hdstar is recognized but can't tune a channel.

Would like to know if all the others with hdstar have the same problems

If there's someone that can please help, can post logs with various drivers

Thank you

sdf

• Hi CvH, I have same experience as sdf.

My first post (Geniatech Mygica HDStar DVB-S2 USB HD not working), is if i use CrazyCat drivers.

Now i tried again, all drivers versions at libreelec 9.2, with this results:

DVB drivers from the latest kernel - NO DEVICE IN TVHEADEND

DMESG

TVHEADEND

DVB drivers from CrazyCat - DEVICE IN TVHEADEND OK, BUT LOTS OF TRANSPONDERS NOT WORK

DMESG

TVHEADEND

Astra 23,5°E, 12168,V,27500,3/4,DVB-S - WORKS

Astra 23,5°E, 12388,H,29900,2/3,DVB-S2 / 8PSK - NOT WORK

LE Default drivers - NO DEVICE IN TVHEADEND

DMESG

TVHEADEND

• Seems not.

It's from february 2018 that can't use libreelec.

Last version that works is 8.2.x

After that don't know what changed.

The real problem in Linux (Libreelec) are dvb drivers.

I bought hdstar because I saw that all said that worked perfectly in linux, but after v3 things changed.

The real pity is that updatelee drivers work.

Maybe someone can make some modification to crazycat drivers and make them work?

Thank you

sdf