widevine library cannot be loaded (Netflix, Kodi 18, RPi 3)

• Dear all,

the netflix plugin (GitHub - asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix: Inputstream based Netflix plugin for Kodi) stopped working, so I updated it. Whilst updating it, widevine library has been updated. After update was completed, the plugin itself works again but cannot start streams. According to the developer, this is not a plugin issue but apparently a libreelec issue:

Stream start error · Issue #350 · asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix · GitHub

However, here comes the log / error messages:

Code
    22:14:54.632 T:1941879968 NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: http://localhost:51115/manifest?id=215309 
    22:14:54.633 T:1358549888 NOTICE: Creating InputStream 
    22:14:54.931 T:1432998784 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(35, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE 
    22:14:56.914 T:1358549888 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: Unable to load widevine shared library (/storage/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so) 
    22:14:56.914 T:1358549888 ERROR: AddOnLog: InputStream Adaptive: OpenDRMSystem failed
    22:14:56.916 T:1358549888 ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [http://localhost:51115/manifest?id=215309] 22:14:56.916 T:1358549888 NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
    22:14:57.824 T:1333384064 WARNING: CPythonInvoker(36, /storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py): the python script "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.netflix/addon.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: N9XBMCAddon9xbmcaddon5AddonE

I had a look at the specific directory, the .so file sits there...

What can I check? I already re-installed the plugin

• i just see the same on using trunk version of libreelec for my wetek play.

indeed it is a problem of inputstream.adaptive library and unfortunately the failure message is missleading.

you only have the option to fallbackc to a old one. I am using a Version 2.2.8 and with this netflix is again working...

You may also try the one from coreelec available in github repository under addons. But this version leads to Kodi crashes in my case and i have to use a old different one.

I cannot remember how i got this Version 2.2.8. So maybe you have to build it on your own and copy the files manually to your rpi3

I use this command: PROJECT=WeTek_Play ARCH=arm scripts/build inputstream.adaptive

I olso have a inputstream.adaptive.so.18.0 in that directory. If you see this error message in the
    logfile that a special version of inputstream.adaptive.so is missing than please just copy the available to the requested one.

### edit

ah i can remember. The last time i also had manually compiled Version 2.2.8 on my own.

So you have to do the following (accordingly to your used platform)

Build it on your own:

PROJECT=WeTek_Play ARCH=arm scripts/build inputstream.adaptive

copy the files/folders from this two directorys together and transfer it to the Mediaplayer:

./build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-9.0-devel/inputstream.adaptive-0f0ced4/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive

./build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-9.0-devel/inputstream.adaptive-0f0ced4/.install_pkg/usr/lib/kodi/addons/inputstream.adaptive

=> Then you have currently version 2.2.16 active and everything is working fine - expect the other problems ;o)

Edited 2 times, last by twerty: extra info (May 24, 2018 at 8:02 PM).

• Thanks for your help. During fiddling around, I came across the fact that I was still on a manually installed Milhouse build from Feb 2018 and apparently not getting updates for the core system and thus having an old inputstream.adaptive version (2.0.something). I discovered that there (meanwhile?) is a possibility of getting the newest builds via repository/update channel as described here: LibreELEC - Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, SkyGo - Christian`s Blog

After installing a current milhouse build I got inputstream.adaptive v. 2.2.16 and the netflix plugin works again!