Libreelec System Backup does not work

• Hi,

I got a new SD card that I wanted to use for my Libreelec 8.2.5 (it was updated to that version, don't know is that is of importance) which is running on a Pi3+. I initially installed the system on my old Pi3 and just swapped the SD card to the new Pi 3+.

I went into the Libreelec settings and created a system backup on a flash drive. I took the new SD card and installed Libreelec 8.2.5 and tried to restore the system backup of the old SD card. Unfortunately I get an error (when rebooting the pi to write the data) telling me that the backup file is not valid or corrupted. I did not change the name of the backup file or anything else. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug.

Edited once, last by Nem1c (May 18, 2018 at 1:29 PM).

• Official Post

The backup file is a standard tar archive so take a copy and see if it unpacks on your desktop OS first. If it has a problem there; it's damaged in some way. If it's okay there is some other problem but you should be able to copy the file to the new SD card and just 'untar' the file somewhere else, e.g.

systemctl stop kodi

rm -rf /storage/.kodi /storage/.cache /storage/.config

tar -xvf backupfile.tar

The archive contains paths so it will overwrite the current folders, hence ^ removing them first.