systemd error on startup with newest LibreELEC git image

• I tried to build a new updated image and tar file for my Beelink S912 box out of the Git sources. I had a running system with a self made build from 30.04.2018.

The build process itself is working as expected and I'm getting the updated files.

But after an update with the newest tar and even with a new installation on SD card I always get an error message on startup:

systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, core dump failed (child 1907, code=killed, status=6/ABRT).

systemd[1]: Freezing execution.

Is there a workaround?

• Thank goodness you posted this :) I also got this when building latest Git for my C2.

However it's the first time I've tried to build for this setup so I was convinced it was something I'd done wrong until I saw your thread!

• Thank goodness you posted this :) I also got this when building latest Git for my C2.

However it's the first time I've tried to build for this setup so I was convinced it was something I'd done wrong until I saw your thread!

I think it has something to do with the commits from Apr 30, 2018 updating systemd.

• I haven't had chance to try some builds on an older commit yet.

I made the mistake of doing a make clean and starting over in case it was something that broke in my build so now I have to wait a few hours for it all to rebuild.. but once its done I'll try building from 30th and the 1st to see if it changes anything.

• I have had the same issue while building. I found a fix in the CoreELEC Github repository. I don't think I'm allowed to post a link here.

Thomas

• I just copied all files under packages/sysutils/systemd/patches/ from the CoreELEC git to my local LibreELEC sources and the build resulted in a working image.

So thanks Nemisis !