Slice 8.2.5 update?

• Is there an update from 8.2.3 to 8.2.5 for the Slice after the problems with 8.2.4 and 8.2.5 were reported? The download page still offers 8.2.3 for Slice but my Pi boxes have 8.2.5 on them.

thanks,

Roger

• Official Post

8.2.4 had a boot problem and was superseded with 8.2.5 which had an overlay issue caused by the final firmware update which I didn't have time to test before the release was posted. As there is basically no gain from 8.2.3 (all the updates are for other hardware) and I am failing to work up enthusiasm to look at 8.2 things I simply removed the update files to stop them from being further used and left things on 8.2.3 which works fine. If your boxes are fine on 8.2.5 leave them as-is. If not roll back to 8.2.3.

btw, I'm told that master branch needs some slice overlay fixes, but I don't know when I'll get around to that, so initial alpha builds (when they finally start) might not be usable.

• Thanks chewitt, happy to remain on 8.2.3, just wondered why there was a difference in release number between Pi and Slice. Thanks also for the heads-up on new builds :) .