Problems with Pictures - Slideshow

• Problems with Pictures - Slideshow. LibreElec 8.2.5 (Kodi 17.6 Git:a9a7a20) installed on Raspberry PI2 using the LibreElec installer for MacOS.

I had serious problems with random reboots until I stopped generating thumbnails and set the imageres in AdvancedSettings to match my monitor. I still have some performance problems from time to time and still the occasional reboot. This problem is similar to one on the KODI forums with no resolution I could find. Slideshow very slow after upgrade to v.17 & #17586 (Slideshow very slow after upgrade to v.17) – Kodi - TRAC

The first 207 lines are the “no debug” log after turning off Debug Logging and a reboot. Every (or nearly every) image in the folder generates the NOTICE “unable to load” lines found between lines 198 and 207. In spite of this notice message, all (or almost all) the images seem to load. I say almost all because there are 200 and it’s hard to know for sure. Having said that, even the pictures generating the Errors below can be viewed by clicking on the picture in the list of pictures so it’s not impossible to view them.

The debug file starts at line 209 from a fresh boot.

Lines 1318 - 1325 are typical of the “unable to load” NOTICES mentioned above

Certain images always generate Errors - an example can be found between 3970 and 4021

There seems to be two images in use at the same time here. Both are attached.

IMG_2340.JPG was loaded first and generated the NOTICE “unable to load” msg and then P1030033.JPG was loaded with no NOTICE “unable to load” msg. IMG_2340.JPG is attached. P1030033.JPG is 4.7M so it's too big for the bug report. It was taken with a conventional digital camera and not a smart phone.

• Thanks for the reply CvH, Following up, I can confirm the photo is completely imaged on my system during slideshow playback, as show in the attached (which I downscaled to be smaller than 2M. I can also now report that the NOTICES and ERRORS only show up when Randomize is set on. During a sequential slideshow, there are no true errors. A few messages about "incorrect exif" but no significant errors. I think this is a bug in some section of the code since it seems to be related to the Randomize-On setting. Otherwise, both modes of slideshow should throw the same messages. A log file with sequential playback is also attached.

• Official Post
    Code
    WARNING: underflow: Error reading file - assuming eof
    ERROR: Read - Error( -14, read call failed with "" )

then a lot

Code
    NOTICE: LoadJpeg: unable to load nfs://192.168.0.254/volume1/photo/A-Frame/IMG_2396.JPG

and

Code
    WARNING: COMXImageFile::GetCodingType progressive images not supported by decoder

best bet, update testwise to LE9 (milhouse build for example) and confirm if it works there or not

MAKE BACKUP !!! downgrade to LE8.2 is likely not possible without damage

• Will do - appreciate the feedback. I will post back when I make the test but it may be a couple of weekends before I get the opportunity again. Again, thanks for the suggestion.