[Bug] MCE Remote Control with Odroid C2 and LibreElec 8.2.5

• Hello,

I installed LibreElec 8.2.5 on an Odroid C2. Everything runs perfectly apart from the MCE compatible remote control (in my case Oneforall URC7140): One keystroke is interpreted as two strokes and furthermore it behaves heavily delayed.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

• Thank you.

Lirc is disabled by default and for some unknown reason the recommended eventlircd solution didn't work here.

So I enabled Lirc and configured the remote.

It's working well now, but sometimes -mostly after a restart or resume from suspend- it begins to behave strange.

I have to pull out the plug of the voltage supply, so that the whole system gets restarted completely new.

I imagine a simple restart of the related services would be sufficient. Is there any way to run a script after suspend to get this done?

I tried using systemd-suspend.service, but access is disabled in LE .... :(

• Official Post

You could create /storage/.config/autostart.sh and add something like:

(

sleep 10

systemctl restart <name of service>

)&

The trick will be figuring out what service needs to be restarted.

I'm sure that's the wrong solution though. What IR hardware is being used?

• I'm sure that's the wrong solution though. What IR hardware is being used?

Well, it's not really a solution, but at least it does work :)

I am just using the Odroid C2 with the 'on-board' IR-receiver and a MCE-compatible remote control (Oneforall URC7140), which seems to be quite common here in Germany, nothing extraordinary.

EDIT: I know I shouldn't mention it in this Forum, but the Coreelec-Version 8.9.x with the driver integrated in the kernel runs out of the box, very smoothly. But I don't want to use an alpha-version for everyday use.

• Support for non-NEC remotes, like RC6 MCE remotes, is rather lacking in the 8.2.x Amlogic tree, you might have more luck configuring your remote as a Xbox One remote and then using a rc_maps.cfg with "* * xbox_one" - the Xbox One remote uses the NEC protocol.

I fixed the kernel remote to support MCE and other remote handling in January, but these changes are only available in the 9.0 (preview) versions - this is why LE9.0 and CE9.0 preview builds work better than the 8.2 ones in this respect.

I'm not sure why Lirc sometimes doesn't work on 8.2, IMHO it should be fine (unless you have some "killall lircd" or similar commands in your autostart.sh). But then I'm not really experienced with Amlogic boxes and the old 3.14 kernel, my only contact with these so far was getting in-kernel / ir-keytable decoding working (which I did "blind", without actual hardware to test).

so long,

Hias

• Thank you Chewitt and HiassofT for your explanations. Maybe the first two paragraphs of HiassofT explanation should be added to the wiki as a kind of general recommendation?