Cockpit (http://cockpit-project.org/) Addon for Libreelec?

• Hi,

Cockpit is a common tool I install on my linux servers. I've been so impressed with docker support on LibreElec so far that I was fingers crossed on finding the cockpit addon. Unfortunately no joy! Google-fu only references this from lrusak but after that the trail seems to have gone cold.

For those who aren't away, cockpit is a very clean and well designed web admin/monitor for keeping tabs on your linux server resources and performing admin tasks (though thats less of an interest here). Perhaps there is not much in the way of enthusiasm for its inclusion but I figured I'd esquire nonetheless. At the least so someone else googling this see's an 'official' answer.

Cheers!

BE

• The thought had crossed my mind but I wasn't sure how running it inside a container would work. Unlike a more normal container it exists purely to monitor the host IO rates etc and so, I would think, need the kind of access that docker is designed to abstract away? Naively I thought it would be monitoring the containers various attributes, not the host.

That said, far from an expert on docker. So is this right? Its for that reason I went down the addon path.

I love and use protainer to monitor docker containers but nothing beats bash for setting em up :)

• Ok, dug further and talked to people more familiar with Docker. This isn't supported by cockpit-project and isn't possible through docker at the moment. Cockpit is only installable through apt-get etc. So a Kodi addon really is the only solution.

@lrusakj, any input? Was there a show stopper error you ran into when developing this? I'm a developer, though have no experience with Kodi addons. Is it possible to build this as a Kodi addon?