IR remote

• I'm trying to setup IR remote with libreelec.

Got an IR receiver which almost works, driven by GitHub - realglotzi/irmplircd: LIRC compatible daemon for IRMPUSB IR receiver

Unfortunately - I don't know how to build it on kodi, which is probably a reason, that irmplircd fails after few minutes or few clicks on my remote.

My version has been built on the same machine (x86_64), but on linux mint, booted from pxe.

So: How to use 'make' on libreelec?

Maybe there is another reason, that irmplircd is failing, but this is my first guess.

• Never heard of irmplircd, but it looks like it's doing similar things like eventlircd (translating linux input events to lirc events) which is included in LibreELEC.

What's happens if you don't run irmplircd, can you eg navigate with the arrow buttons in kodi?

You can also try to change the eventlircd configuration so that it's picking up your IR receiver.

First copy the eventlircd udev file to /storage/config/udev.rules.d/

Code
    cp /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/98-eventlircd.rules /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/

Then add a block with the usb vendor and product IDs of your IR receiver in the USB section of that rule file. sth like this

Code
    ENV{ID_VENDOR_ID}=="XXXX", ENV{ID_MODEL_ID}=="YYYY", \
    ENV{eventlircd_enable}="true"

After a reboot eventlircd should pick up your IR receiver and kodi should receive them as Lirc events (enable debug logging in kodi and check the kodi log).

so long,

Hias

• unfortunately the receiver does not give any output without irmplircd (also in kodi.log; however it does not give input at all, just works or not)

This is the device:
    Bus 007 Device 025: ID 16c0:05df Van Ooijen Technische Informatica HID device except mice, keyboards, and joysticks

I also tried another ones IRDA receivers, found in house, but no effect at all (kodi.log also empty of irda messages)

Bus 001 Device 007: ID 9710:7780 MosChip Semiconductor MCS7780 4Mbps Fast IrDA Adapter

Bus 001 Device 009: ID 07d0:4959 Dazzle Kingsun KS-959 Infrared Adapter

• Hmmm "HID device except mice, keyboards, and joysticks" doesn't look like we'd get standard input (KEY) events from it.

You could try installing the system tools addon, then ssh in, stop kodi and eventlircd (just to be sure) and check if you get something from evtest (if your device is listed, select it, then press a button on the remote and see if you get some output).

Code
    systemctl stop kodi
    systemctl stop eventlircd
    evtest

If this doesn't work it's probably easiest to just by a mceusb receiver (like the eg HP MCE USB receivers you find on ebay etc) these are usually very well supported.

LibreELEC doesn't ship with any build tools, you have to cross compile it - see the wiki for details Compile [LibreELEC.wiki]

Then you could create an (addon) package for the irmplircd daemon.

As a quick hack you could also compile a statically linked binary on your Linux PC, copy that over and use that.

That being said, implircd doesn't fit too well into the way LibreELEC uses remotes - LE expects to get linux input events, not a lirc socket. Therefore lircd is also used together with lircd-uinput. You'd probably have to do the same (run a lircd-uinput instance translating the output of implircd to linux input events).

so long,

Hias