Problem CEC with 2 HDMI ?

• Hi,

I have two HDMI cable connected to my tv, 1 on my satellite decoder and the other on my RPi.

The problem is that the remote no works with 2 cable plugged, I must remove the one connected to the decoder.

The only way and unplugged the cable from the decoder.

Thx !

• I'm assuming that the remote of your TV does not work in combination of the Raspberry Pi.

Kodi's auto-HDMI port selection for CEC may not work properly. It defaults to port #1 on the TV, so try switching both HDMI cables. HDMI port selection can also be forced to something else in the Kodi Settings/System/Input/CEC settings.

• If it works, but only if I remove the HDMI cable from the decoder. Or that I activate CEC in the decoder, but when I turn off the TV it crashes.

HDMI port selection can also be forced to something else in the Kodi Settings/System/Input/CEC settings.

HDMI port selection can also be forced to something else in the Kodi Settings/System/Input/CEC settings.

How, which option ???

• As said, dive into the Kodi GUI and browse to Settings/System/Input

Your RPI's CEC module should be listed there.

Enter it, and scroll down to the HDMI port number/value field (I can't remember the exact description).

It will probably have a '0' value.

Press ENTER to go into the full Kodi editor, and change the 0 to 2 (or 1, if your RPi is connected to that TV's HDMI port).

Save the CEC settings on exiting, and reboot the RPi.

Double-check the CEC behavior.

• I found how to solve the problem. This came from the HDMI cable of the TV (or decoder). I deleted the corresponding CEC pin.

Now it works, but there is one more thing.

When I'm on the RPi and turn off the TV, and turn it on again right away, the CEC is no longer enabled. I have to change the source and go back to the RPI to make it work again.

How to activate the source by starting the TV ?

• Hello.

I have the latest LibreElec version (8.2.5) on a Raspberry Pi 3 and I have exactly the same problem as OP bogard.

My problem is that, strangely, the "HDMI port number" isn't among the CEC options. Here you can see it:

J45Voqx.jpg

e7mQTgi.jpg

(here with less resolution: https://imgur.com/a/g7mxlwb)

Why does this happen? I think that would be the solution :(

Thank you!