Is there a particular reason libamadec.so is not included?

• I'm trying to make moonlight work on an Amlogic S905 and found that the amcodec.so can't be loaded because it's missing amadec.so.

Running moonlight embedded on an Amlogic system with LibreElec (S905 in this case) the libmoonlight-aml.so is not loaded because libamcodec si not complete in LibreElec. I've added a print with dlerror and it returns: "usr/lib/libamcodec.so: undefined symbol: audio_decode_basic_init" - "audio_decode_basic_init" is in libamadec.so Loading fails because dlopen is used with parameter RTLD_NOW

Is there a particular reason why amadec.so is not added alongside amcodec.so? It's not working for S905?

I've managed to build them and added to the image, load the moonlight and run it, but the image will flicker a lot, I think because the codec is reset a lot. I've attached moonlight logs.

I would appreciate a lot if anybody can help with these issues :)

• Moonlight is one of our long-term 'problem' add-ons where the codebase appears to continually iterate and things break. So there's no specific reason things are included/omitted, the code has just diverged over time. Someone needs to grasp the opportunity to figure out the issues and submit changes to get things working again. If you raise your right hand and say "I volunteer!" .. half the battle is won :)

• I understand, I'll try to fix it, I want to use moonlight on my Amlogic device in the next room. I'll work with the moonlight-embedded team to see what it's wrong with the Amlogic codec. My question regarding Libreelec is why the library is not complete? In the repository there are deliberate actions to remove the amadec library and remove any link to it (I saw a sed command to remove a "-lamadec"). Why it was removed? It's not working on S905 or S912 systems? I also looked at OSMC repository and there the library is complete, everything is added. I can prepare a pull request to add amadec.so in the build, but I don't to break things :)) That's why I'm asking if anybody knows why amadec is deliberately removed from the build.