which version to install?

• I used this version: Generic x86 (64-bit) HTPC devices with Intel/AMD/nVidia GPUs boot from removable USB, but the system does not start

My notebook is an Acer Aspire 3050

CPU: AMD Mobile Sempron 3400+ (Keene, DH-F2)

1800 MHz (9.00x200.0) @ 799 MHz (4.00x200.0)

Motherboard: Acer Prespa M

Chipset: ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 200M/1100M/1150M (RS482M/RS485M) + SB450

Memory: 4096 MBytes @ 159 MHz, 6-6-6-18

Graphics: AMD Radeon XPRESS 200M/1100M/1150M (RS482M/RS485M) - Video Adapter [ACER]

Drive: IC25N010ATDA04-0, 9.8 GB, E-IDE (ATA-5)

Drive: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17RS, DVD+R DL

Sound: ATI/AMD SB450 - High Definition Audio Controller

Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8139 PCI Fast Ethernet NIC [A/B/C]

Network: Broadcom BCM4309 802.11b/g Wireless NIC

Any help would be grate thanks

• that seems like the correct image, so you have created the bootable usb with the tool?

I assume you have checked that it can be seen in the bios & the boot order is set to boot from that first?

• I correctly created the USB flash drive and installed everything on the notebook hard drive

but when I try to start Libreelec from the hard disk it crashes and after the logo is displayed a dark screen

• I tryed but doesn't boot

I have just tryed OpenELEC 7.0.1 x86_64 and boot so I presume that cpu or other chipset are not compatible

Can I solve this problem?

On the other side also useing OpenELEC 7.0.1 x86_64 i can't duplicate monitor on tv and I can't use integrated wifi

• Since I did not get an answer after a while, I did some other tests on my own.

I remembered owning a wifi usb pen and starting the notebook with this pen already inserted the Openelec system has recognized and mounted and works properly

For the duplication of video on the secondary monitor I took a look at the bios and I found a setting that orders the video card to send the video signal on all the outputs since the start. Doing so, Openelec recognizes secondary video and manages to select it in the settings.

The only video output I can not manage is the S-video output

How can I get it used by Openelec?

• The laptop dates from 2005/6 and the GPU inside dates from 2004. LE has never intentionally supported laptops or ancient hardware (we target recent HTPC devices) so if it works that's nice, but if it doesn't; sorry but we're not going to investigate to fix support. FWIW, I never heard of any LE supported devices using S-Video output. Raspberry Pi 3B+ would be a major upgrade in performance over your old laptop.

• Ok, Thanks for the reply

However, the laptop works fine despite having an old hardware

I can do without the raspberry for now, I gave a new life to a PC that had become unusable.

I'm satisfied for now