Bridge two wired network adapters

• I've got a media PC with two ethernet ports running libreelec (which works awesome!), and a DVD player beside it. I was previously running ubuntu, and had the two connections bridged, so my dvd player was plugged into eth1, and could access the internet, with eth0 plugged into my router.

Is there a way to set up a bridged connection between eth0 and eth1 under libreelec in the same manner? From what I've been able to find, the program brctl is required, which isn't a part of libreelec.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

• I am trying to do the same thing on my raspberry pi 2 using the built in ethernet port and a usb to ethernet dongle. I would like to connect my roku to the other ethernet port and have still be on the same network as everythin else in my home. Under osmc you can install the brctl package but to use it, connman has to be disabled. This creates some other network connection issues.

• Connman doesn't support bridging and we don't have separate bridge tools in the OS. The nearest you can get is enabling tethering for Ethernet and then connecting the DVD player to the tethered Ethernet port. Connman's tethering function was originally designed for use on a phone so it's deliberately simple and creates a separate NAT routed subnet. This is fine for getting a device connected to the internet, but the device will not be contactable from the normal subnet that the HTPC is in.

To enable Ethernet tethering: copy /etc/connman/main.conf to /storage/.config/connman_main.conf and edit "TetheringTechnologies = wifi" to be "TetheringTechnologies = ethernet, wifi" and restart the box. You can now use "connmanctl" to enable ethernet tethering from the console; the LE settings add-on only supports enabling "wifi" tethering.

If the tethering option (which we don't really intend to support) either doesn't work or doesn't suit your needs the correct/best solution is using a hub/switch to provide a proper Ethernet connection.