Take control over CEC without power cycle

• I have read so many forum posts on many different websites but I cannot find an answer to a simple question. It is possible for a device running LibreELEC/Kodi to take control over CEC WITHOUT power cycling the device?

This issue was discussed multiple times across multiple forums but nobody ever answered a simple question of whether it is possible to send a command by a device running LibreELEC/Kodi to take control over CEC without power cycling. The issue is simple: whichever device (of the ones connected over HDMI and using CEC) powers on last, that device takes control of CEC commands. If the device running LibreELEC/Kodi is powered on after TV and AVR, that device will be the one who can control TV and AVR over CEC (in my case, to control volume up or down on the AVR). However if the device running LibreELEC/Kodi remains powered on and TV and AVR are switched off then some time later they are turned on, the device running LibreELEC/Kodi cannot control TV or AVR any more (unless it is power cycled).

I am running LibreELEC on Cubox-i4x4 and I can control volume of AVR using Yatse remote control app if Cubox was powered on last. As soon as TV is power cycled, the TV takes control and I cannot control volume of AVR using Yatse any more. This is due to TV taking control over CEC. Why cannot the same signal that takes control of CEC be sent again by my Cubox without power cycling it?

Please help me understand whether this is possible and if it IS possible, how can I take control over CEC without power cycling. If it is not possible then this issue can finally be explained to everyone. Thank you ahead of time.