Loss of video

• I've been running 8.0.2 in my Kodi since the spring last year. I have an I3-540 on a H55 motherboard. It is connected to my Marantz AVR via HDMI. I recently updated to 8.2.3. When the update finished and rebooted there was no video after the initial Linux boot info. I then tried a fresh install of 8.2.3 and the same thing happened. After the initial Linux boot info there was no video. The HDMI keeps searching but there is no signal. I then tried backdating with fresh installs of 8.2.2, 8.2.1, and 8.2.0. Same thing every single time. No video. I finally went back to a fresh install of 8.0.2 and it's finally working again. I'm not sure what has changed going from 8.0.2 to 8.2.X but it results in no video signal through the HDMI.

• Official Post

could you please get us a logfile. It doesn´t matter if you have video output or not for grabbing the log. As long as you are able to ssh in, do that and get us a logfile, please.

I´m not too sure, but the i3-540 is from 2010 (AFAICT). Depending on it´s GPU, the minimum without hardware acceleration for Kodi 17 is at least "Clarkdale": Supported hardware - Official Kodi Wiki

That´s also released in 2010. So, maybe you might be out of luck with newer versions of Kodi as it might be, that your hardware isn´t supported anymore.

But to be 100% sure, we will need the logfile.

Thanks.

• Sorry, I've already removed 8.2.3 and restored 8.0.2 which installs and works fine. The I3-540 is a Clarkdale, socket 1156 from 2010. The GPU is Ironlake. I can't even do fresh install with anything with the 8.2.x image. The video disappears after the initial Linux boot info and the HDMI cannot find a signal. You can't even see a screen to do the install. I also have an old Core2 Dual 6400 on a 946Z motherboard running 8.2.3 but it's going through an RGB output, not HDMI. It has no video problems.