Does this dvb s2 tuner work?

• pls enable the hauppauge driver like here at the video and try again

http://cvh.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC/8.2_Krypton/dvb-addons-howto.mp4

dmesg | paste

is needed

Finally, I do not know what you have done but the device "is recognized now" with a couple of problems:

Here is the dmesg | paste UPO

Note: (I have installed Tvheadend form the zip file you have provided)

1. I had to set the wired network connection to manual and give it a static IP Address in order for it to work with SSH, and Tvheadend.

2. The big problem is, I have to start Tvheadend with -C parameter manually through SSH connection and then login without user/password from Mozilla Firefox on my PC.

3. The tuner "Does not appear" in the DVB Inputs in Tvheadend.

278998688.jpg

Where are almost there, What is the problem now? :/ I think it has something to do with:

Code
    [    6.691212] m88ds3103 3-0068: Unknown device. Chip_id=75
    [    6.691334] dvb-usb: no frontend was attached by 'TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-4600'

Thank you guys

Edited 2 times, last by Softlander (March 10, 2018 at 6:49 AM).

• I have no real idea how to fix it because they use the same ID as the old 4600. I already asked trsqr if he had an idea (as TT sends him usual the devices for Linux support) but he has also no idea about that device.

:(

:( what a shame! It is a huge loss. So, will there be any solution in the near future? and if the new 4600 is not going to work with libreelec, can you recommend other dvb-s2 usb tuners?, because as GDPR-7 said at the beginning of the thread, the DVBsky s960 does not work also.

And by the way, thank you very much CvH for your efforts, you have been very helpfull.

Regards

• ... because as GDPR-7 said at the beginning of the thread, the DVBsky s960 does not work also. ...

no, no I said I tested the TerraTec Cinergy S2 USB Box, Rev. 4 , which also doesn't work !

Mentioning the same chipsets of the Technotrend, TerraTec and DVBSKY I guess that new purchasable DVBSKY S960 also don't work. I guess they are all chinese geniatech grap without driver support caused by an undeclared re-design. (I guess after most cheap comes worthless ...)

I for myself lthinging over an SAT-IP Server, too.

But they are way to expensive for me.

This one maybe could do the job (regarding user comments):

Xoro SAT>IP Server 8100 (4x DVB-S2 Eingänge, maximal 8 Ausgänge, HDTV, Gigabit LAN, TV/Radio Livestream) schwarz: Amazon.de: Heimkino, TV & Video

what I have read so far the SAT-IP Server will run at ~ 10W. But there are some questions not quiet clear, yet.

Currently I have a Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-HD-S2 running in an old Desktop-PC, but this box sucks ~42 W (HDTV and 49W SD) compared to an SAT-Receiver (~10W) or as planed an unused Intel NUC with USB-SAT (~ 15W)

Regarding the acquisition costs I guess I leave this as is, for now.

I even wouldn't know what to do with the over years well running and at that time expensive Hauppauge. old PCI is nearly dead.

Maybe someone in the near future comes up with a patch to fix the USB-SAT-devices or offers driver support for new ones.

BTW: there are new fixes for DVBSKY

[PATCH 1/2] media: dvbsky: use the new dvb_module_probe() API

Edited once, last by GDPR-7: thinkO (March 10, 2018 at 6:49 PM).

• ppl ?

The question is if newer bought DVDSKY will do, too !

TerraTec also running ?

I had one Jan. 2018 and nada !

Sure ???

generic (x86_64) patched too ???

• Ahhh... I guess this is the end then. Does anyone think that there will be a fix in the coming days? Could this problem be fixed?

On the other hand, If I contact DVBShop.net do you think I could find a solution?

On the other hand, If I contact DVBShop.net do you think I could find a solution?

you should try, but be aware that it could be not that friendly !

Are you still within the 14-day exchange limit and thinking about an exchange ?

Then read pages back what I suggest to do then !!!!!

• do you think I could find a solution?

The problem is that vendors changing the hw silently, you have still the same housing but different hw inside. This is no problem at Windows but due Linux driver model its more difficult. That TT 4600 changes HW and keeps the same ids is even more "stupid". If you find a way you can always open the box and send a photo so we can have a look what is actually inside (if you can send it back to seller, don't do this)

The DVBSky S960 should work, the TerraTec Cinergy S2 USB Box, Rev. 4 should works too (at least with current LE9 Alpha or unreleased LE8.2.4).

Other things you can have a look, Digibit R1 - an cheap Sat>Ip Server that has 4 Tuners (with 3rd party firmware it can run OScam at box and supports Sat>IP over TCP what makes it proper working at not optimal networks) or you can go and grab some Sundtek stick, they are not cheap but perfectly working.

• The problem is that vendors changing the hw silently, you have still the same housing but different hw inside. This is no problem at Windows but due Linux driver model its more difficult. That TT 4600 changes HW and keeps the same ids is even more "stupid". If you find a way you can always open the box and send a photo so we can have a look what is actually inside (if you can send it back to seller, don't do this)

The DVBSky S960 should work, the TerraTec Cinergy S2 USB Box, Rev. 4 should works too (at least with current LE9 Alpha or unreleased LE8.2.4).

Other things you can have a look, Digibit R1 - an cheap Sat>Ip Server that has 4 Tuners (with 3rd party firmware it can run OScam at box and supports Sat>IP over TCP what makes it proper working at not optimal networks) or you can go and grab some Sundtek stick, they are not cheap but perfectly working.

ok, If I do not receive any response from the seller I will open the tuner. What parts or chips inside are you interested in? Or do you just need a general photo of the board?

With regards to the tuners:

Do you mean this: Sundtek Shop | Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate 6 (DVB-S/S2) | online kaufen

Is this a good one?

And what do you think of the tbs5520se?, it has the same price with dvb-t also. Is it supported by libreelec?

Thanks again for keep trying from your side.

• as I'm willing to test a TerraTec Cinergy S2 USB Box, Rev. 4 again in some days:

- how do I get LE9 Alpha ?

- how do I get LE8.2.4 ?

I guess LE9 Alpha is in this thread ?

LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

Also I want to make sure that we are talking about generic releases (x86_64).

- is this right ???

- anything I need to know regarding tests (addon switched on, ${Somethings} ) ?

Update:

Device is ordered. Get it tomorrow !

Edited 3 times, last by GDPR-7: thinkO (March 11, 2018 at 6:31 PM).

• Or do you just need a general photo of the board?

just an photo, but it is necessary that we can read the numbers at the chip (old 4600)

TechnoTrend_S2-4600.jpg

Is this a good one?

yes the correct one, yes there are no known problem, just install the addon for it and you have a working setup (the Sundteks have, like at windows, an extra driver that works everywhere regardless of kernel)

tbs5520se

better not, first they have no real link support (we support it just due 3rd party drivers) and afaik there are some problems that could arise - nothing compared to the rock stable Sundtek

I guess LE9 Alpha is in this thread ?

correctly, LE8.2.4 should be out later this month

anything I need to know regarding tests

no it should just work :) you can also try the different dvb drivers we have at LE9 included

• CvH I have some information now from DVBShop.net that the TechnoTrend S2-4600 is manufactured just like the TerraTec Cynergy S2 USB using the following chips:

TS2022 + DS3103B + CY7C68013A

It is important to know that "DS3103B" is different than "DS3103".

DS3103B is the 2nd generation.

Are these information enough?

GDPR-7 It is a good thing that you have bought TerraTec Cynergy S2 USB again, because we have identical board now. May be you can experiment on it too and share the results.

Regards