No audio after upgrade from 8.0.2 to 8.2.3 with CA0132 Digital S/PDIF

• I have attempted to upgrade from 8.0.2 to 8.2.3 several times and each time I lose all sound. If I install version 8.2.3 fresh I have sound until a reboot. At one point I also had 8.1.1 working, but however when using that version now I've also lost sound.

I'm using digital optical output.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    - This the log file from when sound doesn't work

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    - This is the log file from when sound works.

• It's probably a timing issue. LE boots fast and Kodi auto-detects hardware, so if the audio hardware drivers haven't fully loaded before Kodi starts it won't see the card as being present. Add a startup "wait for network" delay in LE settings and see if that makes a difference.