Is it possible to get HD Audio passthrough with AMD APU (Athlon 5350) ?

• Hi,

I'm trying to get HD audio passthrough with my AMD Athlon 5350, but it's not working. Audio resync is disabled, I've checked all the passthrough option needed for my system, but when I play a movie with DTS-HD or Dolby True HD tracks, there's no sound at all (not even in PCM).

Thanks for your help.

• Libreelec may not support the audio chipset on your motherboard. I'm guessing it's a Realtek ALC892 audio chipset. You did not mention the make and model of your motherboard. Some AM1 motherboards require you to use the front HD audio panel to enable multi-channel audio.

Providing more information about your hardware may help in getting an answer.

Edited 2 times, last by blueribb: corrected audio chipset model # (February 20, 2018 at 2:45 AM).

• This system is equipped with an ASROCK AM1H-ITX motherboard.

I used a Nvidia GT1030, audio works with that card, but there's a problem with refresh rates available (only 23.98, 25.02, 30.03, 59.94), so I wanted to switch back to the onboard graphic card (this one gives proper 23.98, 24, 25, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 hz), but now it's the sound that doesn't work properly :(.

• I have a 5350 running LE. Here is how I get Dolby+ or DTS-HD working. Setup system to work with pass-thru (it should work with regular Dolby/DTS). Boot LibreElec, turn on stereo, Re-boot LibreElec. Now when you go to the audio settings the options for DD+, DTS-HD will be available, and you should select them. Everytime you want DD+/DTS-HD you will need to start LE, then turn on stereo with pass-thru and re-boot LE in order to get the Dolby + / DTS-HD working. You won't have to change settings. Just do the re-boot, and you'll have DD+/ DTS-HD working. Edit : I am am using an AM1H-ITX motherboard and using onboard video and sound.

• I can select DTS-HD and Dolby True HD already, if I select the correct HDMI output. But there's no sound bitstreamed to the receiver, while other sound formats work correctly. But I will try the workaround you described to see if that changes anything.

• My HDMI audio uses ALSA:HDA ATI, @@@ and not ALSA:HDA ATI, HDMI. I get audio to the receiver, even if DD+ or DTS-HD are not working properly with LE pre-re-boot. It is just that I only get multi-channel pcm audio. I have a Sony stereo.

• I also use ALSA:HDA ATI, @@@. I get audio with DTS / PCM / AC3 tracks, but no signal at all with HD Audio tracks (receiver says "decoder off"). I get the same result with both my Yamaha and my Marantz receivers.

• I am having a similar problem with an AMD GX-415GA embedded SOC/APU. I had good luck with the previous generation AMD G-T48E APU, but not with the newer quad-core. I'm not sure if it is a driver issue, a firmware/BIOS issue, or something in Kodi/LibreELEC.