Can't save Tvheadend recordings to NAS

• Hi there,

I'm trying to get Tvheadend to store recordings to my NAS. Trying...

I created the file /storage/.config/system.d/storage-tvhrec.mont

[Unit]

Description=TCH Aufnahmen

Requires=network-online.service

After=network-online.service

Before=kodi.service

[Mount]

What=//192.168.24.3/tvhrec

Where=/storage/tvhrec/

Options=username=***,password=***,rw

Type=nfs

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Then I ran systemctl enable storage-music.mount and after rebooting my machine set the Tvheadend recording path to /storage/tvhrec .

What happens confuses me: Inside the tvhrec-share on my NAS I find a recording I made weeks ago when I first set up Tvheadend which was not in the folder my previous recordings were. Strange to me but ok. The real problem to me is, that new recordings are someplace I do not know but not in the tvhrec-share on my NAS.

Where did I go wrong?

• Aroosha : My mistake... typo is in my first post. In fact I entered exactly what you posted.

CvH : As adding vers=2.1 did not help, I started all over following the article you directed me to. Sadly that did not work. systemctl status ... tells me there ist some error 255

• Ok... now things become interesting: I completely reinstalled my NAS an my LE machine.

With the exeption of setting static IP addresses I did not change any settings.

Still I had the same errors.

Setting vers=1.0 did work. That is a good start for me :)

Still I think it is not a goot idea to use that old SMB version. Probably there is some problem with my NAS. But it is not really old - It is a Synology DS216j on the latest software.

Any ideas what I have to change here?

• Strange... I tried exactly the same settings that can be seen in your screenshot.

Good news: I works now. What seems to have done the trick is this:

1) Keep NAS set up to accept min SMB1 and max SMB2

2) Use storage-xxx.mount with vers=1.0

3) Disable storage-xxx.mount

4) Change NAS settig as in your screenshot

5) Use storage-xxx.mount without vers=xx

It did not work for me, when I started with step 4.

• Very useful thread!

I have exactly the same issue. After update to Libreelec 8.2, I'm not able to mount my SMB. I know that Libreelec 8.2 has some problem and difference with SMB versions, but I can't get it to work. I use my Linksys Wrt1200ac router as storage, but how can I find out which SMB version is?

• Very useful thread!

I have exactly the same issue. After update to Libreelec 8.2, I'm not able to mount my SMB. I know that Libreelec 8.2 has some problem and difference with SMB versions, but I can't get it to work. I use my Linksys Wrt1200ac router as storage, but how can I find out which SMB version is?

Start a new thread. I think you meant to say you use your router to connect external storage. You should google the specs on your exact router to see how it handles SMB.

• has some problem and difference with SMB versions

we are just forcing the secure and supported samba versions, if your device can't handle "recent" ( => Windows Vista) versions then you have to force the old insecure/broken one (or adjust your NAS/Router/Samba-server settings)

Adding vers=1.0 might do the trick if you router (very likely) only support the EOL samba version that nobody should use today.

• Adding vers=1.0 might do the trick if you router (very likely) only support the EOL samba version that nobody should use today.

Thanks to you and this topic, I've already done it and everything works perfectly.My .mount file looks like:

• Hi,

I am also having trouble mounting my NAS, I have created a mount script, using guides on the Libreelec Wiki website, that looks like this:

This initially appears to work when enabled but when I run the command: systemctl status storage-recordings.mount

I get this:

● storage-recordings.mount - cifs mount script

Loaded: loaded (/storage/.config/system.d/storage-recordings.mount; enabled;

vendor preset: disabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2018-01-14 15:10:04 GMT; 1 month

s 17 days ago

Where: /storage/recordings

What: //192.168.1.92/mnt/md1/Users/AlexGilbert/Media/Videos

Process: 542 ExecMount=/usr/bin/mount //192.168.1.92/mnt/md1/Users/AlexGilbert

/Media/Videos /storage/recordings -t cifs -o username=root,password=smbpasswd,rw

,vers=2.1 (code=exited, status=255)

Jan 14 15:10:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Mounting cifs mount script...

Jan 14 15:10:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: storage-recordings.mount: Mount process ex

ited, code=exited status=255

Jan 14 15:10:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Failed to mount cifs mount script.

Jan 14 15:10:04 LibreELEC systemd[1]: storage-recordings.mount: Unit entered fai

led state.

Curiously the date is wrong in this output but when I run the date command it is correct and it is also correct in Kodi, maybe this has something to do with my issue. I am a complete novice and am sure there is something really obvious I am missing, someone please put me out of my misery!

• Official Post

/mnt/md1/Users/AlexGilbert/Media/Videos looks like the internal path on the server which is probably not the network visible path. It's technically possible to create a share path like that, but normally an SMB/Samba server would create something like //192.168.1.92/Media/Videos so it looks unusual, and unusual often means wrong.

• Thanks for replying so quickly, I thought it seemed a bit long compared to other examples dotted around the internet!

So, I created a new share "Recordings" and used the path in the windows file explorer address bar: //192.168.1.92/ nas/recordings. Still no joy, same failed output.

When i looked in the samba config via my nas gui the path is shown as I had it in my original mount script, see below.

I