Bad signal, Hauppauge pctv 461e

• Hello,I had openened a thread in the AMLogic section (Link other thread), but after trying a lot of different things it seemed to be more a driver issue.

This is what happened. I had the dvb-s stick connected to a s912 box.

First i've installed the tvheadend backend and looked if it was recognized in tvheadend backend, it wasn't. So i installed the Hauppauge driver addon driver pack, but still not recognized so i had to install the CrazyCat driver pack add-on.

Now it was recognized in the tvheadend backend. I searched for channels, it found them all.

But when i was trying to watch them, the signal was too bad. Only 2 or 3 unencrypted channels were able to watch with a lot of glitches, the encrypted channels didn't work.

After trying several things i bought a RPI 3, because on youtube there was a video from the manufacturer where they demonstrated a rpi 3 with that dvb-s stick i've got.

So i was sure if i had the rpi 3 it should work. I installed wrote LibreELEC to a SD and installed tvheadend on it, but still the same problems exists. Then i installed osmc on it, there it works a lot better.

I can watch the encrypted channels, but still too much artifacts.

It looks like the rpi 3 is not powerful enough, because after disabling some things and overclock there is some improvement. And when i use the s912 as client it works great.

So because the rpi 3 seems to be not powerful enough it would be great if it's gonna work with the s912 box.

Is it possible this is a driver issue? And if so, could the same driver as used in osmc be used on libreelec?

• ok, i've read enough... i'll try to send it back and order a Sundtek... that shall work correct on a rpi, right? And i think you mean the 460e, the 461e uses firmwarefile dvb-demod-m88ds3103.fw

Edited once, last by roykaandorp (February 10, 2018 at 9:41 PM).