Enabling DVD Autoplay without the 'Browse Videos' menu.

• I've got LibreElec on a RPi 3, with a USB hard drive. I found an old slim USB DVD/Blu-Ray drive, so i thought it might make a nice addition. I'm able to play videos, but it consists of wading through a bunch of VOB files. Not something my kids will be able to figure out when their friends want to watch a movie. So, I enabled 'Play DVD's Automatically'. This works. However, it adds an extra pop-up menu, 'Browse Videos', 'Browse Music', etc. Whenever I insert a DVD, it autoplays, but this menu pops up in front of it, and I have to hit 'Cancel'. This menu also pops up on every reboot because of the USB Hard Drive. Is there a plugin, or some other way to easily play DVD's and Blu-Ray disks, without this pop-up menu?

• This is an annoying "feature" in kodi reported since eden advent. I had your same issue (i'm on x86_64 generic) and is very tedious to close that absolutely useless window while the dvd menu runs in background.

All I've found about this "feature" is the suggestion to disable autolpay for both dvd and audio cd. This, clearly is unsatisfactory for a comfortable use.

So i started to play with the code and (but i'm not a programmer at all) i changed it so that it meets my needs (browse menu is inhibited for video dvd and blu-ray, while works as expected for data disks such as image or mp3 collections).

If you are able to build LibreELEC from sources, here is my patch.

Surely there is a better way to achieve the goal. And the coding style of the kodi project is not respected, but (at least for me) it just works.