Posts by TheUlpio

inusasha googling here and there, and as result of my tests, I have come to the conclusion that scripts are working as expected and there aren't missing dependencies. Simply "nvidia" is not (yet?) supported in meson.build. So i have four choises:

1. build another supported driver to please meson.build (any gallium driver is ok here);
    2. proceed on my own using the autotools and moving away from the official LibreELEC branch;
    3. play with package.mk and drop mesa only for nvidia builds (if this doesn't break things), committing (if success) a pr
    4. anything else other than it doesn't now assist me

As usually i build my own LibreELEC from sources. My setup includes as graphic adapter a nvidia GT730, so, in distributions/LibreELEC/options I've cleaned up the GRAPHIC_DRIVERS variable leaving only "nvidia".

This way, mesa stops building and give me this error:

Problem encountered: EGL requires dri

I guess this is because the variable PKG_DEPENDS_TARGET in package.mk, although is properly formed, is not honored in the build process, so packages from which mesa depends are not built (all the X11 stuff).

If i add to the variable GRAPHIC_DRIVERS in distributions/LibreELEC/options a gallium3D driver such r600, build process picks its dependencies which satisfy the mesa package and i got no errors.

Unfortunately, despite what meson web site claims, it is not a user friendly build system, so no help from logs:rolleyes:

Hello, can you link your full dmesg? Not only grepping for imon. The most important info is the id (mine is 0x7e). This is not shown il LibreELEC (at least not for me). I obtained that booting an ubuntu live.

With the device id is more comfortable to investigate how the kernel elaborate it.

A hint. I noticed that in 4.17.2 in the iMON VFD section of imon.c has been added the device id 0x30. Maybe this is yours...

Hello chrisk2305, sorry for the long delay, but I'm not so often on this forum.

Have you made progress with this problem?

Can i suggest to give a try to Milhouse's nightly build as is changed the way remotes are managed in next LE.

After this, if you're able to build LE from source, i can send you some of my patches. Anyway is mandatory you know exactly the version of your remote (15c2:ffdc is a slightly large family of devices, mine,, from a cm-media 260, for example, is wrongly recognized as imon-mce instead of imon-pad)

This is an annoying "feature" in kodi reported since eden advent. I had your same issue (i'm on x86_64 generic) and is very tedious to close that absolutely useless window while the dvd menu runs in background.

All I've found about this "feature" is the suggestion to disable autolpay for both dvd and audio cd. This, clearly is unsatisfactory for a comfortable use.

So i started to play with the code and (but i'm not a programmer at all) i changed it so that it meets my needs (browse menu is inhibited for video dvd and blu-ray, while works as expected for data disks such as image or mp3 collections).

If you are able to build LibreELEC from sources, here is my patch.

Surely there is a better way to achieve the goal. And the coding style of the kodi project is not respected, but (at least for me) it just works.

my dmesg (LibreELEC 8.2 git branch self compiled) is:

Code
    [    8.587159] imon 3-2:1.0: 0xffdc iMON VFD, iMON IR
    [    8.587164] imon 3-2:1.0: imon_set_display_type: overriding display type to 1 via modparam
    [    8.630516] Registered IR keymap rc-imon-pad
    [    8.646798] imon 3-2:1.0: iMON device (15c2:ffdc, intf0) on usb<3:2> initialized
    [    8.646830] usbcore: registered new interface driver imon

But i use the old lcdd (not an addon)

dreamer. I'm also unbeaten in this issue and i've drafted both mkpkg and package.mk necessary to build the program. At this stage they can't be shared for public use (i build ad bundled program, not an addon and makepkg uses absolute paths), but, at least for me, they work well.

If you want i can send them via pm, so you can elaborate them to fit your needs

hello all,

I built the latest git and i noticed that i cannot play dvd. log complains that libdvdnav-x86_64-linux.so is missing.

Effectively, due to this patch:

Code
    kodi-100.30-fix-libdvd.patch

dvd related libraries build is disabled.

Does Libreelec dismissed dvd support? :huh: