[Solved] Samba share - can access but can't login after update ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hi,

I've just updated Libreoffice to the latest version with changed SMB share stuff and I'm unable to get it working as it used to work.

I can see my ASUS router's samba shares in KODI's filebrowser, but I cannot access it. When "Lock preferences for smb://...." pops out, I input my login name and password and then nothing happens. KODI asks me to imput the login again.

I have figured out that if I disable login protection on the router, I can access the shared folders just fine. But one I enable login, even though I'm using correct username and password, I can't access the sares.

I've changed SMB version to SMB1 only in the Libreelec settings, but it doesn't help.

Any other ideas what am I doing wrong? /shrug

Thanks.

• I've just updated Libreoffice to the latest version

And how is LibreOffice 6.0 working for you? :D

Normally selecting SMBv1 support should enable the previous setup with your Samba server to work. Unless your Samba server also has upgraded by now to at least SMBv2. You had any router updates lately?

• Ah, yeah, Libreoffice works jut fine. :D

I've updated router's firmware only after I couldn't manage to access the shares with Raspberry.

Today I tried with my Android phone and I can login to access the SMB shares just fine, but when using Libreelec I can't pass the username/password screen. :(

• This is what I see in the log:

Code
    09:42:49.225 T:1732592544   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERNAME:PASSWORD@RT-N18U/music_videos'
                                                unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'
    09:43:49.907 T:1945134752   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times.
    09:43:49.908 T:1945134752   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://RT-N18U/music_videos/
    09:45:21.513 T:1945134752  NOTICE: Samba is idle. Closing the remaining connections
  • OK, I've finally managed to fix the problem, although I don't know why.

I found this blog post and according to it I've added 2 following lines to the storage/.kodi/.smb/smb.conf file:

Code
    [global]
     client NTLMv2 auth = no
     client use spnego = no

After that I'm able to log in and access my Samba shares again. :)

Hope this helps some other llamas like me. :)