Screen artifacts (also in KODI GUI) when changing resolution to 1080p

• Hi
    My device is MXQ Pro Quick Play (S905).
    I'm using 7.0.2.005 build and I've installed it on NAND. It is vanilla build, no skins or add-ons.
    When I try to change GUI resolution to 1920x1080p (no difference between 50Hz and 60Hz) I'm getting artifacts like in this post and after few seconds screen gets back to 720p. The same happens when I try to play some 1080p content with one difference - screen stays with these artifacts, remote won't work and only unplugging helps.
    My logs are attached to this post. There is kodi log created with createlog, dmesg log and modes from /sys/class/graphics/fb0/modes.

[Edit] No attachement at this moment - forum don't want to attach zip file for some reason...

[Edit2] Logs: kodi-logs.zip

BTW SSH works really slow. Don't know why. It's few second to type, execute...

Edited once, last by Draghmar (August 4, 2016 at 12:23 PM).

• Message Alex (Kerber) over on AmlinuxMedia.com

He fix my same problem.

If you know what fix he used it would help kszaq with adding the fix to LE.

I remember reading this seems to be an issues with certain band of TVs such as Philip and Sharp.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (August 2, 2016 at 3:43 AM).

• Yeah it would be great if you could share your fix with me and others Especially since I can't register there because it seams that "5 minus 5" doesn't equal to 0 and other combinations of this number...

For the reference: my TV is Sony KDL47....something. I'm at work and don't remember exact model but it's old TV. I bought it over 5 years ago and even then it was on the brink of production ending. (it's has lamps as a backlight )

Edited once, last by Draghmar (August 2, 2016 at 8:42 AM).

• I had the 1080p problem on all my TV's. From 7 year old TV's to a year old.

I don't know what he did to fix the problem. He fix it once and then I had major lag going through the menus. And then after a few more builds he got it working great now.

Is he a member here?

• If you have account there maybe you could point him here? I would do that myself but as I said - I can't create account there because of misleading security question. :(