auto-update add-ons

• I just noticed that none of my add-ons appear to update themselves (even after a reboot) and when I go to add-ons and look at any of them the auto-update checkbox is grayed out. I can go to "Available Updates" and update them manually and everything works fine.

What might be the problem and how can I fix this?

• Perhaps it depends on which repository is being used. Which addons are you talking about?

Default repositories, all of them

I asked the same question on the kodi forums and was just asked if I had an active network connection during startup and was advised to try the "wait for network" option.

Im not home yet to try it but I think that may be the problem because I do have openvpn set up in autostart.sh. The network connection works fine but Im not sure if its connecting before kodi finishes loading up or not.

Ill post back after I get home and try it.

Edited once, last by tjwoosta (July 30, 2016 at 8:53 PM).

• Official Post

The default behaviour of Kodi is to check at startup, then at a random interval afterwards. It's possible for the initial check to fail if the network is slow starting, but one of the subsequent checks should work. Worst case you can set an autostart.sh script to run in the backround ~2 mins after boot and trigger a check.

• Im not sure what exactly the problem was, but I switched from wired connection to wifi and auto-update works again, even without the "wait for network option".

Im thinking it was maybe connecting to the wired network before the openssh script executed (thus "wait for network" didn't matter), then openssh was doing its initialization thing as kodi was trying to do it verification thing. Then maybe using wifi slowed down the connecting enough that openssh had time to initialize first, i dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited once, last by tjwoosta (August 2, 2016 at 11:15 PM).