[FIXED][ODROID C2] No boot on new LE install

• After shipping my RPi2-based LE 8 box to my dad, I replaced it with a used C2. Downloaded and flashed a stock LE 8.2 image for it on a 16Gb SD card (tried both Samsung and Kingston). Installed it and ... nothing. Red light lights up constantly. Blue LED lights constantly for a while and then goes off permanently.

I've tried flashing with both your flashing app as well as win32diskimager. And also used different 2Amp PSUs, same type I've been powering my own RPi2 without a hitch for some 3 years. Same deal. Additionally, display (a 6-year Samsung 40" high quality at the time tv) remains blank.

For the sake of checking I also flashed a stock Android image from the Odroid site. This time there is definite kernel activity, the blue LED lights intermittently. I still do not have tv output, however I do hope this is a HDMI issue.

Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

• One of the changes to 8.2.2 was disabling the blue LED on the C2 during boot, so it going off does not mean the device froze or locked up. Make a DHCP reservation for the device's MAC in your router so it boots to a known IP - then you can SSH in to figure out what the issue is. If multiple OS are failing to give video output it points towards something that is not software, e.g. HDMI cables (swap them to check) or if you're unlucky, something on the C2 hardware.

• /me facepalms :p

Funny thing is that I had already read the blue LED change...

Problem is that since this is a new LE install, SSH does not get enabled until after the user reaches the specific point in the wizard. Your recommendation to check my router's DHCP was awesome though; will check that when I get back home.

My assumption is that I have a non-grounded HDMI cable, as described in ODROID • View topic - No HDMI output

But that's easy to check, got plenty of HDMI cables and monitors at home :)

Awesome work BTW with LE, you guys rock!

• Changed cable and HDMI port and LE booted in all its greatness :)

One more thingie: I've got an old pinnacle remote control (MCE). Any idea why it doesn't work with LE on C2? Having read a couple of threads, it seemed like it was a plug and play proposition.

• One more thingie: I've got an old pinnacle remote control (MCE). Any idea why it doesn't work with LE on C2? Having read a couple of threads, it seemed like it was a plug and play proposition.

RTFM: disabling and enabling LIRC under Programs -> LibreELEC, followed by a reboot did the trick :)