Slow traffic speeds

• Hello,

I have two raspberry pies: one in the living room, one in the bedroom. On both LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.2 is installed. No upgrade, fresh installation. The living-room-pi is backend and frontend with a DVB-C USB tuner and a USB hard drive (2TB, My Passport). Both peripherals are on a powererd usb hub. Everything works fine on the pi in the living room. I can also access the living room pi with my win7 PC from my office. No problems. The pies (generation 2) and the PC are connected to devolo powerline adapters by LAN-cable .

The problem is the pi in the bedroom which uses the pi in the living room as backend. Connection is really slow. So slow that the tv tuner or recorded movies on the hard drive cannot be properly played. EPG-list is transmitted very slowly. Sometimes the tv tuner cannot be found.

I tried to rule out a hardware malfunction of the pi by inserting the SD card into another pi. Same problem.

I tried to rule out a malfunction of the devolo powerline adapters by connecting the bedroom pi to the office powerline adapter. Same problem.

Could someone help how to resolve this issue?

Here are my logs:

Bedroom pi:

kodi.log:

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

dmesg:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Livring room pi:

kodi.log:

dmesg:

Best regards,

Kugelo

Edited once, last by kugelo (January 16, 2018 at 6:59 PM).

• I guess you run into the limits of the RPi, the RPi shares the USB + Networkports over an USB connection. This is known to be very limiting.

The bandwidth of DVB + recording + sharing them over network should be too much. DLAN isn't helpful either as it is known to have dropouts.

You could test if it works with LAN, if not I guess this is too much bandwidth.