Video Refresh Rate

• My AMD powered Nettop PC display settings for 1080p dont give me a 50Hz refresh rate options of only 23.98Hz, 24Hz & 30Hz. When I had the same problems with a similar Intel box the solution was found on an Openelec web page which involved creating an xorg.conf file in the .config directory. I think there were sample Intel, Nvidia and AMD files but the page has now been deleted and Google hasn't found me any useful solutions. I seem to remember its a problem with the particular TV not correctly informing what modes it can do!

Chris

• Thanks.

All I want to do is create a "1920x1080@50p" mode

As a work around I am trying to modify the Intel xorg.conf I have using info on these Kodi pages:-

Configuring resolution via xorg.conf - Official Kodi Wiki

HOW-TO setup XBMC and Linux with correct resolution (xorg.conf)

I can create a basic xorg.conf with:-" Xorg :1 -configure" but most of it is no use!

Trying to build a modeline I need to stop Kodi first.

Ignoring "sudo" which is not needed neither of these commands work on Libreelec

"sudo stop xbmc"

"sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live stop"

Is there a way to stop Kodi so I can run :- "X -verbose 6 > ~/xlog.txt 2>&1" to get the modeline data?

Chris

• Thanks .

I have been using Open/LibreElec for several years and to me that is Kodi and have never run it on any other OS. When the commands from the Kodi Wiki didnt work it took quite a while to remember that Kodi runs on Linux and those commands were for Ubuntu!

• Well "systemctl stop kodi" does stop Kodi as it disappears from "top"!

However "X -verbose 6 > ~/xlog.txt 2>&1" produces the following in xlog.txt:-

_XSERVTransTransNoListen: unable to find transport: tcp

Failed to disable listen for tcp transport(EE)

Fatal server error:

(EE) Server is already active for display 0

If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock

and start again.

(EE)

(EE)

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support

at X.Org

for help.

(EE)

I now think that previously I used xrandr and on the problem TV it thinks these are the only supported refresh rates:-

1920x1080 24.00 23.98

LibreElec does not seem to support either cvt or gtf to create a suitable modeline!

There are a couple of web sites which create a "modeline" which give slightly different values. However in the end I copied the Intel version of the xorg.conf I created on another computer and changed the driver name to "Radeon" copied it to .config and now have 1920x1080p@50Hz!!