8.2.2.3 Random crashing on Le Potato

• Have got LibreELEC 8.2.2.3 working on my Le Potato, however it seems to randomly crash. Once was exiting settings menu, and twice when watching something. But as whole purpose is watching stuff it’s not really a surprise. Currently using it as a secondary testing box until things appear stable with the whole Le Potato being new.

Have attached the logs that have zipped up.kodi-logs.zip

• For starters, Kodi log is not enough, see my signature for instruction how to collect all logs.

On the other hand, Le Potato is a pretty much standard gxl_p212 board and 8.2 builds are really stable on other S905X devices, so that kind of issue should not be there.

Are you using any kind of heatsink?

• LuRcH One more question: what power adapter do you use? Can it deliver at least 5V/2A? Can you try using a different power adapter and/or disconnect USB drivers that you may have connected?

• Hi,

Power adapter was a 5V/2A one that use for my Pi2 from thepihut. Have plugged in to the Power adapter that was also shipped with the Le Potato which is 5V/2.5A according to the label, and have set it to play videos overnight with debugging enabled.

• Well tried with debugging enabled overnight using the power adaptor that shipped with the Le Potato and it lasted through the night and eventually crashed this evening. Power cycled and ran createlog and the Le Potato appeared to have locked up again while that was running through. Am I right in thinking that in LibreELEC that logs only survive 1 reboot? As have powered off, but not really want to lose the logs and be back to square 1 in the troubleshooting process.

As will manually pull any logs off the SD card if required, if can get access to the partitions while using MacOS.

• "journalctl -b 0" <= current boot

"journalctl -b 1" <= previous boot

The journal has limited buffer though, so logs often rotate before anything useful is captured. Add "debug" to kernel boot params to make things more persistent.

• Have attached the zip from the createlog have ran today, the last lockup was when previous boot ran the createlog command but that may have been due to the kodi log being about 1.5 Gig in size due to the amount of time it was running and continuously playing videos for around 18 hours. Have realised that got Airplay (audio only) enabled, so going to test with that disabled incase that is the cause.log-2018-01-13-16.19.40.zip

• Haven't managed to solve the problem gadido30 I still have the same problem. Seems to be entirely random for me, have reverted back to my Raspberry Pi 2 for now. Haven't been able to identify a potential cause.

My setup has videos folder mounted from and NFS share, and my movies database is also on mysql server on the same machine the NFS share originates from. Do you also use either of them in your setup?

• Try this:

Code
    wget https://kszaq.libreelec.tv/s905/8.2/test/lepotato-792M-u-boot.bin.sd.bin
    dd if=lepotato-792M-u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 conv=fsync,notrunc bs=1 count=444
    dd if=lepotato-792M-u-boot.bin.sd.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0 conv=fsync,notrunc bs=512 skip=1 seek=1

and reboot.

• Please let us know regardless the result.

FYI: This is a modified bootloader that changes DDR frequency from 912MHz to 792MHz. CAS latency lowered from 13 to 11 at the same time.

• kszaq

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.