Can't get old iMON VFD to work

• Hi Guys,

Hope you can assist me in getting my old iMon VFD to work. I am using LE 8.1.2 atm und the Display is picked up:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep imon
    [   18.122342] imon 2-1.5:1.0: Unknown 0xffdc device, defaulting to VFD and iMON IR
    [   18.162307] Registered IR keymap rc-imon-pad
    [   18.209055] imon 2-1.5:1.0: iMON device (15c2:ffdc, intf0) on usb<2:3> initialized
    [   18.209079] usbcore: registered new interface driver imon

I installed LCDProc and XBMC LCDProc and tried the driver "imon" as wall as "imon-lcd" but none of them work. I also get a lot quite of lot of errors. E.g.:

Any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Chris

• my dmesg (LibreELEC 8.2 git branch self compiled) is:

Code
    [    8.587159] imon 3-2:1.0: 0xffdc iMON VFD, iMON IR
    [    8.587164] imon 3-2:1.0: imon_set_display_type: overriding display type to 1 via modparam
    [    8.630516] Registered IR keymap rc-imon-pad
    [    8.646798] imon 3-2:1.0: iMON device (15c2:ffdc, intf0) on usb<3:2> initialized
    [    8.646830] usbcore: registered new interface driver imon

But i use the old lcdd (not an addon)

• Hello chrisk2305, sorry for the long delay, but I'm not so often on this forum.

Have you made progress with this problem?

Can i suggest to give a try to Milhouse's nightly build as is changed the way remotes are managed in next LE.

After this, if you're able to build LE from source, i can send you some of my patches. Anyway is mandatory you know exactly the version of your remote (15c2:ffdc is a slightly large family of devices, mine,, from a cm-media 260, for example, is wrongly recognized as imon-mce instead of imon-pad)

• Hello, can you link your full dmesg? Not only grepping for imon. The most important info is the id (mine is 0x7e). This is not shown il LibreELEC (at least not for me). I obtained that booting an ubuntu live.

With the device id is more comfortable to investigate how the kernel elaborate it.

A hint. I noticed that in 4.17.2 in the iMON VFD section of imon.c has been added the device id 0x30. Maybe this is yours...