Display bug when switching output from hdmi to dvi or dvi to hdmi

• Summary :

When I used OpenElec with an older version, I was able to switch from DVI to HDMI and HDMI to DVI, without any display issue.

Now, I am still able to switch, but the display becomes horrible. I have to apply a work around to make it usable.

If initial openelec version is needed please let me know. I would need to restore it to have its version.

Full hardware specs (GPU is most important) :

============================================

Giada Cube N3 HDMI ION Atom 33

CPU

- Intel Atom N330 - 1.6GHz

- Chipset NVIDIA ION Graphics

Connecteurs :

- USB2.0 : x 5

- DVI : x 1

- VGA : Adaptateur DVI / VGA

- HDMI : x 1

- E-SATA : x 1

- Lecteur de cartes : 3 en 1

- Audio In/Out : x 1

- 100/1000M Lan : x 1

The LibreELEC version you are running :

=================================

In most cases a full debuglog

========================

Please Find it attached : kodi.log

Tell us the complete steps how to face the issue, so we can try to reproduce

==============================================================

Initial state : display on DVI

Go to System/Settings/Display

You will get output : BeforeSwitching.jpg

Click on "Monitor" to switch (switch to hdmi then switch back to dvi )

It work, but you will get output : AfterSwitching.jpg (horrible, can't read most of label)

WorkAround :

===========

Go to Interface / Settings / Skin

Switch to another skin (confluence in the example)

Display is fixed : AfterChangingSkin.jpg

I can then change back to the intial skin, and it is still ok

Maybe if skin was automatically reinitialized after switching from an output to another it would work?

• LE 8.2 has newer drivers than OE, but with Intel newer doesn't necessarily mean better. Have a play with a current Milhouse release to see if things resolve under a newer (again) kernel and drivers.

• I did try with "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-9.0-Milhouse-20171228214630". It's worst, I get a black screen with a white square on top right. It is then Impossible to apply the work around described previously

• Attached the output after changing output : AfterSwitch_Milhouse-20171228214630.jpg

The only way to get kodi working again is to restart it : systemctl restart kodi

Unfortunately, I don't know how to launch such a command from kodi ( I did try

xbmc.executebuiltin('System.Exec(systemctl restart kodi)') but it does not work).

Conclusion : I revert back to 8.2. I will create another topic to enhance scripting of switching output + applying workaround