cheap box for netflix and experimenting

• Hey hey,

i read a lot in the past days, and this is a really nice Forum :)

But I didn't found a final solution. Goal is to find a System primary for Netflix-, Youtube streaming and maybe surfing (only HD; NO 4K or HDR) . Eventually I'll try to install a nextcloud Server and/or a thyncthing Client. But thats not for shure.

I thought about Odroid C2. But is Netflix Streaming in HD possible (I dont Need 4K or HDR)? And are there enought ressources for somthing like a small Server? (Odroid C2 was my favourite because i'ts well supported, and I'm a bit afraid to buy some chinabox with same chipset.... o.0)

On the other hand a Amazon fire TV stick sounds great (ok no experimenting with services possible) but is surfing (with Keyboard) with this possible? This seems to be the cheapest solution for Streaming Netflix because i don't want to spend much more than 50-60$/€.

• Budget requires some kind of Amlogic box, but LE/Kodi has no browser and most devices will be limited to 720p for Netflix etc. as they must be software decoded. The same box running Android will have a browser and probably supports hardware decoded 1080p netflix.