new to Libreelec .. error message with smb OPERATION NOT PERMITTED

• Hello

New to the forum... been using wetek hub (android 6.0 and weos 2) for some time... I only recently upgraded to Libreelec 8.2.1 yesterday and when I go to add my files (on another PC, that is on the same network) library under SMB, a dialog box shows my workgroup name.. "PANGROUP" i select pangroup... and i then get an error dialog box saying "Operation not permitted" how do i fix this?

on my pc that has the files, under windows explorer, under network - i can see the libreelec device an click open folders..

LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.1.2 BETA – LibreELEC i have read this... a bit confusing for me (especially without examples). it also asks for logs... how do i get those..

please help.. i have been bashing my brains for 24 hours to get this backup and running...

Edited once, last by ptmd (December 27, 2017 at 8:19 PM).

• Okay, in short:

After the big WannaCry worldwide scare (lots of computers were hacked/infected), LibreELEC defaults to Samba/SMB v2, instead of the usual SMBv1 which a lot of OS'es, including non-updated Windows machines, still support.

SMBv2 does not support browsing. Also, SMBv2 will require you on updated Windows machines to have/use a user account that has a password. Then in Kodi you wil have to go the alternative route via "Add a network location..." when browsing via the Kodi GUI for a new video source. Add all credentials and paths, and your (Windows?) 'server' should be accessible.

As a insecure and temporary workaround, you can still enable SMBv1 support in LibreELEC via the Settings Add-on. Again, this is not encouraged or recommended.

• thanx all for the guidance - i think i figured it out with the forums help... not as straight forward as it was before, but i definitely respect and appreciate the concerns over security... i read a few other posts to mash out a solution. but this is what i did, i hope it helps others

my windows 10 pc already had a user account on it. so check

2. was trying to many funky things on kodi... i just needed to keep it simple... go to add network location, type in the server path... servername/folder and then type in username and password of the windows 10 machine.

do not type in ip address, or change the default network type... etc... do not go into service settings and change smb min./max protocols.

now... no more operation not permitted... AWESOMESAUCE

now just updating the library...

on a side note - its pretty cool that the wetek boots straight to kodi... but no more netflix/youtube/surfing on my wetek box now... not sure if i like that...

Edited once, last by ptmd (December 28, 2017 at 8:48 PM).