Lock resolution to 1920x1080@60Hz

• I'll first apologize, please tret me as a newbie when it comes to Linux work. I have an Asus board with an Invidia 1030 driving out to an Epson 5040. The 5040 will take a 4k signal but my receiver won't. Not sure why, but restarting the system, it detects the 4k and sets the output as such. But because the Onkyo receiver won't take it, a signal not supported error comes up.

I'm looking for a way to force Libre to output ONLY 1080p/60.

I did find one thread on here talking about exactly that but I have not clue as to how to run the commands that they are talking about. If there's a config file, where is it and what do I edit?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• You need to create a custom /storage/.config/xorg.conf that restricts the modes available to Xorg. The following xorg.conf was something I used with an older Samsung LCD in the past. It defines the specific modes (all 1080p) for output. As long as you don't define 4k modes, they will not be present in the mode pool and Kodi cannot use them. You will need to put Xorg into 'debug' mode and figure out what the Horizontal/Vertical refresh limits and correct 1080p modelines are for your screen. Note that the first parameter of the 23.976 mode can be set to four decimal places to get more accurate mode timing - the default is only two decimal places. It is never possible to get exact 23.976 on an nvidia card but it's possible to get closer than the default.

• Hey chewitt, thanks for the details. They've unfortunately gone right over my head lol.

I have no idea what xorg is let alone how to get it in debug mode lol.

I think I've come up with another method to fix the issue.

Replace the reciever with one that supports 4k!

Thanks again.