Transmission not working after migration from OE

• Hi,

I am brand new on LE... since I migrate my OE 6.0.3 to LE 7.0.2 on my Rpi2 some minutes ago.

Everything seems like working fine except transmission...

In Kodi, transmission (OpenElec unofficial add-on)'s configuration is correct... but nothing is replying on port 9091...

I am quite sure that I miss a stupid small thing...

Thank you very much,

K.

• Well you obviously missed the multiple other threads about transmission on this board.

Yes... I missed it... and had launched the upgrage a little bit too fast...

I am currently trying to get it working with Docker... using thi thread: LibreELEC

but not successfully... Docker is always trying to start the service...
    [hr]
    Ok... it's working fine with Docker...

My next issue is samba... I don't know why but I have authentication issue...
    [hr]
    OK.... Samba fixed... my fault... user/pass were openelec... (I think I need to go to bed...)

Edited once, last by kevtuning (July 26, 2016 at 11:58 PM).

• I had transmission from OE working after an upgrade to LE, and also in LE alpha, but today, it suddenly stopped working after a week of working just fine. Is there a way to install it without Docker?

Edited once, last by coendeurloo (August 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM).

• I had transmission from OE working after an upgrade to LE, and also in LE alpha, but today, it suddenly stopped working after a week of working just fine. Is there a way to install it without Docker?

There certainly are many ways to install Transmission on LibreELEC without Docker.
    Do however not expect help about Transmission without Docker in this forum.

• There certainly are many ways to install Transmission on LibreELEC without Docker.
    Do however not expect help about Transmission without Docker in this forum.

Wow...just...wow. I hope that comment made you feel extra good about yourself today.

• Neither good, nor bad.
    There is a reason why Transmission is not provided with LibreELEC.
    It is explained here.

I understand. I feel like we're in a weird in-between situation right now with legal content. There is no central place to get all your content for a decent price or even on one account, which is why Kodi is so popular right now - together with the apps we cannot discuss, of course, which makes the LE stance on apps supporting piracy sound a little bit hypocritical. I really hope there will be one kind of Netflix to rule them all, so to say, even though that will probably mean the death of Kodi as a popular app.