Odroid C2 - HiFi Shield 2

• Hi there,

I just received my HiFi Shield 2, and I need to load some modules (as I've seen here)

Code
    MediaCenter:~ # modprobe aml_i2c
    modprobe: FATAL: Module aml_i2c not found in directory /lib/modules/3.14.29
    MediaCenter:~ # modprobe snd_soc_pcm512x
    modprobe: FATAL: Module snd_soc_pcm512x not found in directory /lib/modules/3.14.29
    MediaCenter:~ # modprobe snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c
    modprobe: FATAL: Module snd_soc_pcm512x_i2c not found in directory /lib/modules/3.14.29
    MediaCenter:~ # modprobe snd-soc-odroid-dac2
    modprobe: FATAL: Module snd-soc-odroid-dac2 not found in directory /lib/modules/3.14.29

As I've seen on this thread, lrusak used port the drivers for the HiFi shield + and made a build.
    Unfortunately, the build isn't available anymore..

Would it be possible to get the modules only and copy them into /lib/modules/3.14.29 ? It would be awesome as I can keep my highly configured set-up.

Thanks.

• First, I'd like to thank the devs for Libreelec is an impressive work.

I'm in the same case as above, I use an Odroid C2 in 4K with Hifi Shield 2

I also use TVHeadend client because two DVBT2 USB stick are plugged on an Armv5 Dockstar running TVHeadEnd server

And it works great.

But the sound on my XMOS USB Audio transport (April STELLO U3) on Odroid C2 is poor even if it's not immediately obvious.

So I bought an Hifi Shield 2 and tryed it. The sound is really superb with Volumio. The HiFi Shield 2 works also on diet-pi and Ubuntu.

But it needs some kernel modules that are not available with LibreElec kernel for Odroid-C2 (based on Android C2 kernel ?):

• "aml_i2c"
    • "snd-soc-pcm512x"
    • "snd-soc-pcm512x-i2c"
    • "snd-soc-odroid-dac2"

Will the future versions have these modules for C2 build version and the easy script to install everything?

It would be awesome.

• Hi,

I've got the same setup (with a HiFi shield plus), and I ran into the same problem.

I've made a repo on my github with the image of lrusak, and the modules I took from my running setup.

Feel free to use it, I hope it helps !

GitHub - 3isenHeiM/HiFi-Shield-Plus: This repo contains the modules for the support of the Hi-Fi Shield+ on the Odroid C2 for LibreELEC distro.

Since the tar is more than 25Mb, I can't upload it on GitHub. Here's the link to my dropbox :Dropbox - LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161031231959-r24348-g560ee96.tar

Edited once, last by EisenHeim (April 19, 2018 at 10:20 AM).