Color range Raspberry Pi2

• Hi all, I've been trying to figure this out the past couple days and haven't had any luck so any help would be much appreciated.

I have a Raspberry Pi2 running LibreElec 8.2.1 (Kodi 17.6). I bought a new TV recently, a 50inch Toshiba 4K but I've noticed the black color level is not very deep, it's really light and almost looks grey and it makes the colors in the picture look really washed out. The Kodi box is the only thing that looks this bad, I've had several other devices hooked up to this TV (A PS4, Xbox360, Wii, laptop) and the blacks on those look much better. When I first tried connecting my laptop to the new TV, the colors looked very washed out too but after playing around with the settings for my video card I noticed changing the "quantization range" to full made it look better. I am betting that a similar configuration change on the Kodi box would help this problem but I am not finding any settings about quantization or color range. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

• That option is missing from the display settings for some reason.

I did find a setting in the guisettings.xml file <limitedrange default="true">false</limitedrange> but this is already set to false.

• Add "hdmi_pixel_encoding= " to config.txt.

hdmi_pixel_encoding result
    0 default (RGB limited for CEA, RGB full for DMT)
    1 RGB limited (16-235)
    2 RGB full (0-255)
    3 YCbCr limited (16-235)
    4 YCbCr full (0-255)