[RPi3] Random crash on fresh image

• Hi,

I wanted to test libreelec after having issues with openelec...

This is a fresh install of LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.1.img.gz

no add-ons

I get random crash / reboot usually in less than 5 mn while i'm in the interface / menu. When it crash it reboots and usually bootloop 2 or 3 times on the LibreElec boot screen

But I never got any crash (until now) while playing a video.

Did not see any informations in logs, I've a crash log file generated, but it's empty.

But I'm not sure of the kodi.old.logs since the OS bootloop multiple times ...

What I have done:

So i used the LibreElec usb / sd creator to flash a SD Card (try 2 different one) with the latest release (LibreELEC-RPi2.arm-8.2.1.img.gz)

Everything works fine and look quiet nice, I add my NAS shared folder as a "Videos" folder. I set the content type (Movie, Series) for my folders

Refresh the library, it crash multiple time during this process

Any ideas ?

Thx

• Your log shows no direct indication as to what the origin of the problem is. So simply stating that it is a bug, is not correct.

For all I know you could have a somewhat underpowered power adapter, disrupting things when more power is needed. Yes, the Krypton GUI may need just that little bit of more power.

If there was a definite crashing bug somewhere, we probably would have gotten some 80-100,000 complaints from RPi users by now.

• I was simply trying to get some feedback/reaction by saying that

Just like saying you have been shot, just to get a band aid for a cut in your finger? Hmpf...

All in all, try a different HDMI cable, different power adapter, different SD card, fresh LE installation.... If all still fails, it's likely to be a hardware failure on the RPi's part.

• Yes! If your PSU is marginal then it's entirely possible you may have no issues with LE7 but instability with LE8.

LE8 has new firmware updates that can cause more power to be consumed in exchange for improved performance (ie. more work is now done by the GPU instead of or in combination with the CPU). If the system is freezing or crashing during a library scan then this would again suggest insufficient power as this process stresses both CPU and GPU components.

Try a good quality 2.5A+ PSU with a decent USB power cable (ie. not made of thin wire, as this can result in voltage drop). You can't go wrong with the official Raspberry Pi power adapter.