Black screen on Intel HD Graphics 500 with git version r27388-gc7da506. Was working with LE 8.2.0.1

• Hi!

Am I the only one who has issues with HDMI with the git version r27388-gc7da506? This version boots, shows the LibreELEC logo and afterwards my LED TV shows a black screen and: "No or wrong signal!". If I execute "xrandr --output DP1 --mode 1920x1080 --rate 50" via ssh, I can get the KODI screen, but it will be black again sooner or later. Changing the rate option will work a few times unless the screen is black forever until the PC got rebooted.

It was OK with the downloaded LE image 8.2.0.1 . I'm currently building 8.2.0.1 from scratch to see, whether that version works as well. How can I debug what's going wrong?

My hardware:

Zotac ZBOX CI327 with N3450 CPU

Thanks for any info!

Best regards,

k-meleon

Edited 2 times, last by k-meleon (November 20, 2017 at 2:58 PM).

• It was OK with the downloaded LE image 8.2.0.1

V8.2.1 is currently being tested internally, and should be out in a couple of days.

I have no idea where you got the git version from (also self-built?), but if the official build works for you, then why not stick to them?

• Thanks for your answer!

My intent for this post rather was to remind user and developer, that the latest git version has some display issues with the i915 driver and to exclude simple errors on my side.

I guess the upgrade to linux kernel 4.14 could be the reason. I built 8.2.0.1 from scratch and video display is immediately working. Moreover there are approx. 10 more screenmodes reported by "xrandr --verbose" in 8.2.0.1 and not only three different.