Best single board for running LibreELEC?

• Hey guys,

This is my first post here, so hi there from Brazil! :)

Well, I'm looking forward to build a media center/server and I'm trying to figure out what's the best cost-benefit of hardware for running LibreElec/Kodi smoothly.

Any suggestions?

I'm kindda inclined to choose Raspberry Pi because, well, they're fun, inexpensive and their community is amazing, but I'm worried about performance.

Also, a huge concern of mine is 5.1 audio passthrough capabilties via HDMI. This seems to be a recurrent problem in a lot of devices, android based or not. For example, I just found out that the Odroid Xu4 is apparently uncapable of 5.1 passthrough via HDMI; There's a ton of people complaining about it on their forum and apparently there's no solution to it.

Anyway, I'm accepting other suggestions other than SPCs.

I just want a setup that works smoothly, is natively compatible with my 5.1 home theater system and simple enough to attach a hard drive to it and make it work as a media center on my network.

Thanks in advance and have a good day,

M.

• i think all versions of rpi can do passthrough. but they cannot do dts-hd or dolby truehd

Can still passthrough pcm dolby and dts though.

Also it helps to have media that has the 5.1 stream ;) if its 2 channel stream it will upmix to all speakers.. well my sony 5.1 does this ok

Only prob with rpi is its not hdmi 2.0 so no true 4k. I personally use multiple devices. Including android boxs that are hdmi2.0. And rpi3/1 the rpi 1 - 3 will play 1080p with no issues whatsever and passthrough the pcm audio