X96 S905W

• OK apprarently a broken device. A device of the same model is working with this build en device tree. When i want to use the installtointernal command, the command is executed but at the backing up recovery partition it stops (as it seems).

Another problem is that the remote is not working. Any solution for that? I've tried to use the remote.conf and placed it in the /.storage/config folder but it is not working.

• I have a similar issue.

I have two W95 s905w boxes with different board revisions. Using the same build and DTB as mentioned earlier in the thread (https://sx05.eu/s905/8.2/8.2.0.1/Lib...8.2.0.1.img.gz and https://sx05.eu/s905/8.2/device_tree...xl_p212_2g.dtb) the revision 2.0 device boots fine from usb, let me install to internal and has been running absolutely flawlessly ever since - It's been a great little player for the living room. Decided to get another, got a rev 3.0 board. This one goes directly to a black screen on boot from usb (after the initial logo from the manufacturer) - Same usb in the other device boots into a clean copy of kodi without issue.

I think the builds working with the DTBs from S905x is a fluke, and your mileage may vary.

• Thought that i found it. Booted from USB stick and it was working on the “broken” device. After a reboot not working again. Put the sd card in the working device.. same problem... i think it is not gonna work for the x96 s905w. I also noticed that the device -when it boots - the screen is pink and not its normal colors. The pink color is also in LE. When i boot Android the colors are good.

• Hi team,

(Sorry for hijacking but W95 is mentioned here already)

Got my cheapo W95 TV Box yesterday (S905W) and i cant boot kszaq's or any other build on it.

Using 'Reboot to libreelec' app from Play Store and booting from usb stick. Burned using official LibreElec tool.

First i got 'Could not mount LABEL=LIBREELEC' error but blkid shows that device and all partitions are available and correct. Manual mounting works.

I though 'delay issue' so i ran /init script again, splash started but booting stopped again at the 'switch_root' stage. Could not do anything now as /proc and /dev are 'mount move' to /sysroot i guess.

Tested following builds:

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.2-8.2.2.3.img.gz

LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.90.2.img.gz

and device trees:

gxl_p212_2g.dtb

gxl_p212_2g_nand.dtb

gxl_p212_2g_slowemmc.dtb

Here are photos if they could be of any help:

IMG 20180118 143751 — imgbb.com

IMG 20180118 143903 — imgbb.com

Would be grateful for any pointers what i'm doing wrong or what else i could try.

Thanks

• I am able to manually mount partitions from the debug shell just fine.

Booting continues (kind of) when i start init again. I doubt its an usb stick fault.

At first look seems to be a bug in the init script but it works for other users so its a bit confusing.

I was going to modify init (hammer approach - always mount /dev/sda partitions) and see how it goes but i cant find the ramdisk.

Is is built directly into the kernel? That would make things more complicated ...

Have no experience with ARM whatsoever thus asking here.

(Any developer documentation link? Would stop wasting your time. I'm developing and maintaining x86 linux distro built practically from scratch so i should be familiar with most of this stuff.)

Thanks