RPI3 Libreelec 8.x trust and pair not working 1byone keyboard bluetooth (Semi RESOLVED)

• Hardware:

Raspberry Pi 3 and 1byone bluetooth keyboard

Software:

Libreelec 8.x

Bug:

Trust and Pair not working

Issue:

When trusted and paired upon reboot or sleep of the device it does not reconnect as it should. Instead there is a duplicate entry which shows up under bluetooth which you need to dig out the wired keyboard and dust that off to pair your keyboard again.

Importance:

Moderate (In need of binary update.)

Reason for level of Importance:

We are dealing with a media center OS as with any media center OS the ability to turn on the media center sit on the chair across the room while you wait for it to boot so you can control it wireless with IR or Bluetooth without issue is extremely important. This particular Media Center requires a lot of keystrokes so it just makes since that people are going to want to use a bluetooth keyboard. However if they have to go to their closet and rifle through it to find a wired keyboard or if they have to leave the wired keyboard attached (A huge eyesore imho) It ruins the entire experience. Call me lazy but hey that is what I am trying to be on the rare occasion I fire this thing up and try to stream some content. Libreelec should just work with my bluetooth keyboard. I currently type this from a PC and a logitech unifying device as well which I wish there was support for.

Possible Causes:

User Error, Lack of Knowledge on my part, Libreelec needs to be updated to fix this functionality.

Questions:

Anyone else having this issue with Trust and Pair functionality? I talked to one mod and he claimed he has the issue as well he suggested the temporary solution called kore but from what I read their are mixed results with functionality of kore as well. Would like to see some discussion maybe a solution will come of it.

GET IT TO WORK AS IT SHOULD!!!! Workaround:

Make sure bluetooth is turned on under the libreelec services menu

Next Put Your Keyboard Into Discovery Mode

Once you see your keyboard use Pair instead of Trust And Pair

Once paired click on the keyboard again and select enable standby.

Now it works 100% as it should with trust and pair option.

You will still see duplicate entries haven't noticed any conflict yet but has the potential for conflict I suppose so keep an eye on that may have to remove an entry or something but for now it works.

Edited 2 times, last by forlotto: Workaround added! (November 5, 2017 at 8:11 PM).