Libreelec 8.0.2 Pi Zero - no weather support

• Hello,

I have 2 installations, an older one on a Pi 3 with Libreelec 8.0.1 or so and now a new Pi Zero W one.

I have downloaded the latest + stable Version 8.0.2 and installed that on a SD card.

After booting everything seems to work but minor things are missing or going wrong.

I can not choose any other language than english on my 8.2.0 Zero installation while the Pi 3 installtion offers every language.

I can not choose between the weather add ons on my 8.2.0 Zero installation while the Pi 3 offers a lot. And I had not installed any addons for weather on the Pi 3.

How do I get the german language (pack) and how can I add the weather services?

Thanks a lot.

UPDATE: I had to download the repository - both questions solved !

Edited once, last by typx xxi (November 5, 2017 at 6:03 AM).

• You probably need to refresh the Kodi repository via the slide menu on the left in the addons section.

Also make sure you have 'Wait for network' enabled for at least 30 seconds (Pi hardware is slow).

• You probably need to refresh the Kodi repository via the slide menu on the left in the addons section.

Also make sure you have 'Wait for network' enabled for at least 30 seconds (Pi hardware is slow).

As mentioned above in the UPDATE line I had to download the kodinerd repository in this version - which I did not had to in the previous version for my Pi 3. I had no network problem, Pi Zero Wifi connection is instantly there cause the weather was updated.

It was a bit tricky to get behind cause in the past I always had to select weather service and city instead of download a repository.

The only question: has that been a change between 8.0 and 8.2 or is it a difference between the Pi 2 / 3 and Pi Zero built.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR QUICK + PROFOUND ANSWER !

• Nothing has changed between releases and the original Kodi language packs and weather add-ons are found in the Kodi add-on repository, not the kodinerds repo. The only difference is that the Pi0W has maybe a slower loading network driver so the initial repo check fails and thus there appears to be no addons available. As Klojum already said, refreshing the Kodi repo resolves this.