libreelec not working on nano pi k2

• Dear all

I´ve tried to install last libreelec version on my nano pi k2,.(s805 2gb ram) I´ve downloaded last LE version and i´ve tried

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

I also tried a dtb file from a educated version for my nanopi k2 found here Google Drive – Virenscannerwarnung that works perctly but its an old version

I tried to hold on reset button while connect power, also hold on reset botton for 1 min or so but image doesn´t work.

Colud someone help to solve this?

Do i need to try with more dtb img just in case one of these work?

Is it possible to copy kernel from de image that works to the new installation?

May be i´m missing some step...but it´s really frustrating

Thank you for your help

regards!

• It looks like this board doesn't have any built-in storage for bootloader so you need to have one on SD card. Try using Odroid-C2 image.

Mod request: please move this thread to Amlogic.

• hI There.

I´ve tried with Odroid-C2 image but no success. Maybe there´s a way to update from kodi manually from 8.0-8.0.1j to actual, but I unknown it or maybe with help I could make a boot file to include in SD after burning this forum´s last available image

I also tried to contact with the person who posted the version that´s ok. It´s russian forum and I´ve used yandex/google translation.

Let´s see if can get something from him/her.

Any other advice will be indeed very welcome

Thank you very much

• @youpai

Thank you very much for your help!

I´m now away from device . I´ll do what you suggest. I imagine that patching is including zip files in the sd root and runs it.

Best regards!

• Dear all

I had no success using the patch kindle provided by youpai, I copied those files into SD´s root after burning 8.0.2 image and I also tried with every one dtb file of these:

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG_Port.dtb

gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb

and even with dtb included on the version that it´s working fine.. I rename them as dtb.img

i tried adding a empty zip file on SD´s root which i read in another forum that it could help the booting..

BUT nano pi k2 doesn´t boot

Do I miss something?

Thank you again for your patience and help

• I had the exact same issue and the only working process would be, flash the nanopik2 image as you already have, then boot up the K2 and login with SSH. go to folder .update and wget any newer images from the repro. This works for me an right now I have a LibreElec 9.0 working on the Nano PI K2.

• I had the exact same issue and the only working process would be, flash the nanopik2 image as you already have, then boot up the K2 and login with SSH. go to folder .update and wget any newer images from the repro. This works for me an right now I have a LibreElec 9.0 working on the Nano PI K2.

Could you please write the exact instructions how to get the latest image with wget (which one to download) ?