cannot get wireless/BT to work on ECS LIVA-MINI

• I am working on getting a ECS LIVA-MINI to work on LibreElec.

It works for the most part very well. Except for the wireless card which is an AzureWave AW-NB136NF - Broadcom BCM43231.

The device works in windows, it also has a linux driver and works in Ubuntu. I am asking how do I add a driver to LibreElec to make this device function. I neveeyed some help here.

I am very new to linux, and I need any instruction you can provide.

It looks like you have had this issue on some android devices and figured it out.

Thanks, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

XaOW

pastebin tsp714 - Pastebin.com

Edited 2 times, last by Twisted714: added dmesg log ​ http://sprunge.us/XaOW ().

• Your box has a large number of piracy add-ons installed. No further support will be provided until a clean Kodi debug log is provided that shows them removed.

• i never looked at the dmesg log on ubuntu before, as i said , i am new to linux. it has errors but it works. the log posted below is from an identical unit running 16.04 LTS

liva_ubuntu - Pastebin.com

Edited once, last by Twisted714: Netgear WNA3100 USB also use the same driver ().

• now i will install the driver below on my orignal device with mint linux or ubuntu to see if this driver functions

bcmwl-kernel-source_6.30.223.248+bdcom-0ubuntu0.2_amd64.deb

• I found two sites that list the AzureWave AW-NB136NF module as having a BCM43142 chip, not BCM43231.

Please run "lspci -nn | paste" and share the URL so I can see the actual device IDs.

• External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    <<===Ubuntu

gBWY <<====libreelec

• Sorry I thought this was some internal device, but nothing shows. Rinse/repeat with "lsusb | paste"

• in case you didnt know, the wireless card is connected to NGFF/M2. but you probably know that.

External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    <<<<<<<ubuntu

dSYh <<<<<<<<<<<<libreelec

• look what i found. Im going to put it right here. this is a file called efi-nvram.dat

BootCurrent: 000C

Timeout: 6 seconds

BootOrder: 0000,000B,000C,0003,0004

Boot0000* ubuntu HD(1,GPT,86cb456c-55c8-4ba3-9c6f-ea50569c9f26,0x800,0x100000)/File(\EFI\UBUNTU\SHIMX64.EFI)

Boot0003* UEFI: IPV6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/MAC(b8aeed3fb645,0)/IPv6([::]:<->[::]:,0,0)..BO

Boot0004* UEFI: IPV4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/MAC(b8aeed3fb645,0)/IPv4(0.0.0.0:0<->0.0.0.0:0,0,0)..BO

Boot000B* ubuntu HD(1,GPT,86cb456c-55c8-4ba3-9c6f-ea50569c9f26,0x800,0x100000)/File(\EFI\UBUNTU\GRUBX64.EFI)

Boot000C* UEFI: PMAP(FAT32) PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x14,0x0)/USB(1,0)/USB(1,0)/HD(1,MBR,0x3985171619,0x1f80,0x776080)..BO

• here is lshw run elevated. it contains wireless information

External Content pastebin.com

• i was looking at the ECS LIVA drivers site, and i see that there are 2 uart drivers, one of them appears to be bundled with wireless driver.

• Chewitt,

how do enter the command to copy a zip file to the /firmware/brcm/ directory? and the command to extract after.

i found a set of instructions that matched the files in ubuntu device. i want to try it out.

thank you for putting with my requests.

• unzip <name of file> unpacks to current directory

put files in /storage/.config/firmware/brcm/ and they are superimposed on /lib/firmware/brcm on reboot