smb issues past 8.0.2

• So is safty allow On raspberry pi smb v1?

You can enable SMB1 in the LibreELEC Samba server so it will work with insecure and outdated clients such as your Minix, but I wouldn't call it "safe".

You really should upgrade (or replace) your Minix rather than downgrade the security of your network and risk data loss, ransom ware, etc.

• Just to follow up on the issue w/ Asus routers and outdated Samba versions..

I've received two emails so far from representatives at Asus about the issue. Here's the most recent one..

"Thank you for reaching out to Asus customer Support. My name is Eugene D. the supervisor handling your case. We would like to extend our sincerest apology for all the inconveniences that you might have experience with your ASUS product. We are happy to help you resolve your issue by providing you with the best possible solution. We are sending this email to advise you that the issue was further escalated to our senior engineer team and they are working on resolving this issue. Once we have received an update we will contact you with an update.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know, we will be more than happy to assist you. Thanks for choosing ASUS products and services.

Best Regards,

Eugene D.

ASUS Product Support

Official Support | ASUS USA"

Who knows.. maybe they'll actually do something.