LibreElec clean install... but keep customisations?

• HI guys,

I was wondering if there was an easy way of installing a clean version of LibreElec 8.2 in place of my v7.x install but preserving my Aeon Nox customisations?

I'm getting a lot cache full errors from what feels like bad upgrades potentially and cached files... I've made custom smart playlists, custom homepage categories etc, custom film discoveries etc, and don't want to have to relive the pain of recreating them all. Is there a file i can easily backup to preserve this info? Any info would be handy...

• What I do on the Raspberry Pi 3 is to make a backup of all the settings in the LibreElec configuration menu. I save the backup to an external drive then I upgrade. After that's done I do a hard reset also from the LibreElec configuration menu. Now the install should be as clean as when you first installed it. Then just restore the saved backup.

• ^^ that advise just restores the clean box to the same dirty state as when you did the backup #fail

take the backup, but DO NOT RESTORE IT

Instead extract/unpack the archive somewhere else and then stop Kodi (systemctl stop kodi) before selectively moving back the configuration items that you need. These are probably the guisettings.xml file, database files, and configuration in /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/ - once done restart Kodi (systemctl start kodi) and rinse/repeat until things are back to normal.