LibreELEC 8.2 (stable) - ir-remote

• Hello,

where can i find a how-to get ir-remot support in LibreELEC 8.2?

More than this:

LibreELEC (Krypton) v8.1.2 BETA – LibreELEC

!! LIRC CHANGES !!

In LibreELEC 8.0 the Lirc service is enabled when an IR receiver is detected in the system, but it is not started unless used with the lirc_rpi or lirc_xbox drivers or a personal lircd.conf. In LibreELEC 8.2 the Lirc service is enabled and supports all drivers which can result in the service starting and interfering with normal IR operations. If you experience “double button presses” after updating the Lirc service can be disabled in the ‘Services’ tab of the LibreELEC settings add-on. The Lirc service is disabled in new installations and must be manually enabled. Thanks to @HiasoffT changes the Lirc service is now configurable using a combination of /storage/.config/lirc_options.conf and lircd.conf – the same approach used in desktop Linux distributions and most howto instructions users find via Google searches.

or this:

infrared_remotes [LibreELEC]

I use

LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.2.0, also x86:

Serial port receiver on Generic / x86

Create a /storage/.config/autostart.sh file with the following content:

Code
    setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart unknown
    modprobe serial_ir

ir-keytable(1): handle Remote Controllers - Linux man page

Greetz

liberi

Edited 3 times, last by liberi (October 28, 2017 at 8:47 PM).

• What kind of info are you looking for and/or which kind of problem are you trying to solve?

In general: if you use a typical x86 HTPC box with an integrated IR receiver (like eg a NUC) and an original (or 100% compatible) Microsoft MCE remote it will work out of the box.

so long,

Hias

• What kind of info are you looking for and/or which kind of problem are you trying to solve?

In general: if you use a typical x86 HTPC box with an integrated IR receiver (like eg a NUC) and an original (or 100% compatible) Microsoft MCE remote it will work out of the box.

so long,

Hias

Mine didn't (too many button presses) running a Harmony 350 on a nuc, it worked before the update 17.5. under thread on the kodi forum, that suggested changing the settings in the harmony software, but that didn't work.

Then after disabling LIRC, it works fine.

• I had the double press problem with my Intel NUC and the Harmony 650 remote after upgrading from 8.0.2 to 8.2.0. I disabled Lircd using the LibreELEC Settings Add-On as mentioned in the post about the 8.2.0 release.