S9083C Wifi board hardware Mod

• Hi All

I hope this helps with those who have driver issues for the S9083C. (Link to Manufactures website: 威发半导体_S-83-GESNB )

I didnt want to go through the hassle of adding or finding a driver to my s805 and so using a soldering iron I removed the Onboard Wifi module and replaced it with a Small Usb Trendnet TEW-648UBN. It works perfectly as the custom build for S805 by kszaq (Thank you great work to date ) has the drivers built in. No need for extra work.

1. So my first step was to test the TEW-648UBN usb dongle in the usb slot, which worked great and I was happy with its performance.

2. Using a screwdriver and a soldering Iron, I removed the onboard wifi pc board (S9083c) that came with the s805.

3. I then dismantled my Trendnet usb Wifi dongle from its housing until I could access the pcb. - see photos

4. I then married the pins, Gnd , Data - , data + and the vcc to the pins where I removed the internal wifi card.

Its interesting to note that these pins are connected to a IC MA8601, which is a USB 2.0 High Speed 4-port hub controller. So keeping that in mind, I needed to make sure that the other usb ports are still working after the mod.

5. I then soldered the Trendnet USB in place of the internal Wifi card and applied some glue to keep it from moving around, vibrating off, or breaking off - ok so I was a little glue gun happy.

6. After correctly soldering the Trendnet usb dongle and allowing the glue to dry, I then booted up the AMlogic S805.

7. My WIFI card was working 100% and found instantly by libreelec and I could access my wifi network as I needed without the using up my external USB port or Lan cable.

I have attached some photos FYI.