Posts by kevkis

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me to get my mobile data provider dongle to work over Libreelec on an Amlogic S905. Any ideas as to how I can configure and load the ppp and usbmode_switch ?

I created a rule under /rules.d to allow switching from the USB disk to USB Modem:

ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1f01", RUN+="/usr/sbin/usb_modeswitch -v 12d1 -p 1f01 -M '55534243123456780000000000000a11062000000000000100000000000000'" ACTION=="add", SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1f01", RUN+="/bin/bash -c 'modprobe option && echo 12d1 14db > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id'"

But I do not think I have support in the build for usb_modeswitch, usb_modeswitch-data, ppp, libusb1 and libusb-dev

Can anyone help or provide some insight to this ?

Thanks all help and comments appreciated. :thumbup:

Hi All

I hope this helps with those who have driver issues for the S9083C. (Link to Manufactures website: 威发半导体_S-83-GESNB )

I didnt want to go through the hassle of adding or finding a driver to my s805 and so using a soldering iron I removed the Onboard Wifi module and replaced it with a Small Usb Trendnet TEW-648UBN. It works perfectly as the custom build for S805 by kszaq (Thank you great work to date ) has the drivers built in. No need for extra work.

1. So my first step was to test the TEW-648UBN usb dongle in the usb slot, which worked great and I was happy with its performance.

2. Using a screwdriver and a soldering Iron, I removed the onboard wifi pc board (S9083c) that came with the s805.

3. I then dismantled my Trendnet usb Wifi dongle from its housing until I could access the pcb. - see photos

4. I then married the pins, Gnd , Data - , data + and the vcc to the pins where I removed the internal wifi card.

Its interesting to note that these pins are connected to a IC MA8601, which is a USB 2.0 High Speed 4-port hub controller. So keeping that in mind, I needed to make sure that the other usb ports are still working after the mod.

5. I then soldered the Trendnet USB in place of the internal Wifi card and applied some glue to keep it from moving around, vibrating off, or breaking off - ok so I was a little glue gun happy.

6. After correctly soldering the Trendnet usb dongle and allowing the glue to dry, I then booted up the AMlogic S805.

7. My WIFI card was working 100% and found instantly by libreelec and I could access my wifi network as I needed without the using up my external USB port or Lan cable.

I have attached some photos FYI.

Hi Dazed,

Maybe I am imagining things ... If i look into the log file , kodi loaded <minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel> but failed on line with <minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel> .. So I removed the <minaudiocachelevel>... seems to play better,

does anyone know how or what i can use to monitor the buffer values to see what is happening in the cache files? I have no ideas any more and even if i experiment with <memorysize> doesn't seem to make a difference... anyhow , thank you for pointing that out. i didn't know:):)

I think I found a fix.. I added the code below to the advancedsettings.xml and its working much better.

Code
    <advancedsettings>
        <pvr>     
            <minvideocachelevel>25</minvideocachelevel>     
            <minaudiocachelevel>25</minaudiocachelevel>
        </pvr>
    </advancedsettings>

Hi Chewitt

its not an ethernet switch, Its a router over the leased line to the server in my office at work, both sides i have Cisco routers with NAT enabled. I can copy or transfer a file over this network at around +-15mbits/s with my pc. its connecting my home to my office. two seperate locations. Thats why i do not understand why my pc VLC plays perfect, but my s905 struggles, drives me nuts. I use the S905 box for my parents to watch content and its easy for them to navigate it, but the buffering is driving me nuts.

Thank you for your help

Thanks for the reply.

I am using Ethernet, which then connects to leased line router, limited to 100 megs, which then connects to the server on my network.

if I do trace it only passes three network hops to the server, each router on each side and the server network card.

here are my settings:

<network>
    <curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout
    </network>

<cache>

<buffermode>1</buffermode>

<readfactor>20</readfactor>

<memorysize>139460608</memorysize>

</cache>

that's the current settings I am using, but still the video lags and buffers , stops occasionally and then i need to rerun the stream ?

Hi all

Please can someone help me with this dilemma. here is my issue.

I have a stream on my local server in HLS/TS format. When I load the stream with VLC via my pc, that stream plays fine with no buffering at all. If I take the exact stream and load it in to simplepvr player with kodi, on my s905 with libreelec. That same stream will buffer and stop, freeze and sometimes even kick me out.

How can I make the stream play without any hassles ?

I am playing around with the advancedsettings.xml configuration, but is there any other way to edit or somehow increase the Cache or even record the stream to external sdcard or HDD and then replay it delayed, but atleast the stream will play flawless without any hassles ?

Could it be that my flash ram on the device is too slow ? in that my network speed is faster then it can buffer ?

I am using LibreElec on an amlogic S905 chipset with 8gig Storage ram and 1 gig ddr3 memory.

Thanks in advance.. Love this build and all the contributions, thank you.